CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 11, 2015

WHEW, GLAD THAT WEEKS OVER.....

Last week can be summed up with one word.....SICK!  I was sick, and come to find out very sick. I got over the stomach flu the week before last and turned right around and got a cold.  Last Sunday I didn't feel well at all, Monday there was no improvement, Tuesday was a little worse, Wednesday I thought maybe I was getting better, Thursday I knew I was not!  Fortunately I had my annual doctors appointment scheduled from months ago.  I was relieved I was going to the doctor because to just go to the doctor for a stinkin' old cold seemed so pointless but I just couldn't seem to shake it.  Well come to find out I had started with Influenza which had developed a secondary infection in my right lung causing pneumonia!  My doctor who is amazing simply said, "Kristi, you're sicker than shit!"  She said she was "pulling out her big guns" and prescribed me some high dose antibiotics, tamaflu and lectured me awhile about how sick I was.  I looked at her and said, "Does this mean I shouldn't go back to work today?"  I thought she was going to hit me upside my head.  She said "that means you don't go back to work today OR tomorrow!"  Ugh, so there I was at 11am on Thursday and headed home.  I thought it was all crazy but I felt pretty rotten so going home was looking a little appealing.  I was just super happy I would be feeling better soon.  Matters a fact I assumed I would feel much better by morning and probably could go back to work on Friday.  Unfortunately Friday morning came along and I didn't feel better at all.  By mid morning I was coughing so much I was throwing up, I was chilled again and my head continued to feel like a sledge hammer was pounding it at the base of my skull.  I couldn't believe I didn't feel better!  I slept on and off throughout the day and tried to work a little when I was awake.  When I woke up Saturday morning I was hopeful I would feel better then and I thought I maybe did but still I wasn't feeling right.  I was really getting worried because I did not want another week of this.  Then this morning came and I woke up at 7am, mopped my floors, started laundry, got the paper, and yes!  I felt better!  Much much better!  I am still constantly blowing my nose and my head still hurt but nothing like it had been.  I actually got ready for church and didn't even have to take a break from being tired and week.  I was so excited!  We had a nice day and I felt much better.  The menu is planned, my workouts are outlined and I am ready for next week.  I have a lot of work and meetings to make up after last week but I am so excited to do it.  I am so thankful for feeling up to it!!!

This past week while I was sick, this is who made our dinners and she did it so well!  Love her so much!

Raelynn was rewarded for all her hard work with a trip to Weston MO with her BFF!  

0 comments: