CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 7, 2015

HAPPY LABOR DAY....


Would it be asking too much to have another long weekend like this?  I am a firm believer that with a 3 day weekend every week I could actually feel like time with the family wasn't conflicting with the other 20 things that needed done.  

We started our Saturday off bright and early at Coop's soccer game.  I love watching him play soccer because he loves playing it. He was selected to play on the tournament team again this year so he is very excited for that.  








I have several plans for Saturday following the soccer game but well, none of them really happened.  I had originally thought we would go to the North Topeka Aquatic Center because we hadn't made it there yet this summer and this was our last chance.  The kids decided they didn't really want to go though so then we considered going to the KU Football Game.  That was a go until after the soccer game and Coop was tired and didn't want to go.  Then we thought we would go home and rest a bit and then go for a bike ride.  Well that led to Coop letting me know once again that his bike was way too small.  He was right, it is and Terry and I had said we would get him a new one for his birthday but November is a long ways away.  Not to mention, how likely is it that he can ride his new bike in November.  So it was decided Coop would get an early birthday present and boy did we have an excited boy.  Finally we ended up on our bike ride and had a great day!

We ended our Saturday night with this cutie!  Hadley had her first sleep over with us and she was crazy good.  I could not believe how easy she was.  Cozadd's came over for dinner as well and it took Hadley a little bit to warm up to Andrea.  It was a fun night with family and friends.  However, the evening didn't end there.  Terry had disappeared before our friends left and although I thought it was strange I didn't think too much about it.  I got the kids to bed and then walked into our bedroom.  Terry was drenched in sweat and super dizzy.  It was a little scary.  He couldn't lie down at all without getting very nauseous and his head was spinning.  It went on all night.  I set my alarm for every 30 minutes and went to check on him.  I think we were both a little scared and I was just happy all the kids were sound asleep.  



By Sunday morning he was feeling better and we decided we think he got dehydrated.  Needless to say I think he will be drinking more water from here on out.  We were suppose to join Steph and Cody and their family for some fun at the lake and I was a little hesitant to go but did.  As they day went on Terry felt better and better and by the time we got home he looked and felt MUCH better.  The kids and I had a great time at the lake.   It was so nice for them to include us and it was another fun day with the kids.  Coop saw this little turtle in their garage as we were leaving and of course Uncle Cody made sure they both got to hold the little guy!  What would we do without that Uncle Cody!  :)

Today ended our long weekend perfectly.  I got caught up on emails and paperwork and lunches for the week and menu done and workouts planned and laundry done and projects started and on and on.  The best part of it all is that I did it all without ever getting out of my PJs! So now with a few things still on the MUST GET DONE list I am ready to get back to the chaos of the work week!

0 comments: