CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 20, 2015

STATE FAIR 2015.......

This weekend was all about the Kansas State Fair!  Raelynn has been going to the Kansas State Fair for the past 4 years or so but Terry, Cooper and I have never been.  This is the first year that Raelynn was old enough to qualify to compete and qualify she did!  Raelynn headed out Thursday at 5:30am with a caravan of campers and horse trailers and Terry, Coop and I left Thursday night.  Raelynn showed early Friday morning and she did fantastic.  I was so proud of her.  The competition was hard as her age group is 9-13 so she was competing again 13 year olds.  In addition this is the first year her horse had done horsemanship so he is still learning as well.  Anyway, Raelynn didn't let that bother her.  She came out of the arena all smiles which is exactly what I wanted to see.  We were so excited and we exited the arena with her.  We were taking pictures and congratulating her when I felt Coop hug my legs.  I looked down and there were tears running down his cheeks.  I instantly squatted down and hugged him and asked what was wrong.  Well come to find out, in our excitement we had all left the area but Coop did not follow.  He was watching the other competitors and when he turned around we were no where in site.  Not one of my best parenting moments.  I couldn't help but laugh a little because even when he was hugging my legs I hadn't realized he wasn't there in the group of people with us.  Poor little guy.  I will say as we laughed about it later, he too joined in the humor of it.  The rest of the day we spent checking out the fair and there is so much to see and do.  One of Raelynn's bunnies received a Blue Ribbon as well!  We didn't get back to our hotel until 11:30 that night.  I completely understand now why Raelynn loves it so much!  I can't thank Bonnie, Wendi, Mike and all the others that make the experience so fun for her.  They take good care of her and I am so thankful she is given this opportunity!

Raelynn and Calvin




Raelynn and Baby Blu

Butter Sculpture



















Saturday we got up early and headed back to Lawrence to be ready for Coop's soccer game that afternoon.  Coop's team played the only other undefeated team in the league.  The game went scoreless until the end and each team scored one goal.  Therefore, they are both still undefeated.  Coop loves soccer.  It is so cute to watch him play with so much energy and excitement.  I could watch it all day!  Steph and Cody had come over for Coop's game and they spent the rest of the afternoon with us.  It was great to just hang out with them with nothing in particular to do.  It made for an awesome Saturday.  I also had so much time with Hadley since Raelynn was gone.  She usually demands most of her attention, but on Saturday it was Aunt Kristi Time!  Coop also had one of his buddies spend the night, so it couldn't have been better!

Today we cleaned and put out the fall decorations after church.  I managed to get some paperwork done as well and the usual weekly menu and workouts are planned.  This week is jammed packed with things to do with the CCF 5K on Saturday.  I am crossing my fingers for a great turnout!!!!


0 comments: