CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 13, 2015

I BEG FOR 3 DAY WEEKENDS......EVERY WEEKEND!

Another fantastic weekend, but aren't all weekends!  Friday night I had a meeting and came home to a few extra kiddos.  I love that the kids have friends that like to be at our house.  I hope that continues forever!  Saturday started bright and early with a handful of things that had to get done.  Raelynn was suppose to have a horse show but was rained out due to a couple nights of rain leaving the arena too muddy.  So we filled the day by running over to R Bar B looking for magical burgundy boots!  You see, Raelynn's outfit for her state competition which is this Friday requires her to have burgundy boots.  Did anyone know they only make burgundy boots priced at $400!  So the poor people by cheaper boots (By the way, are there such things as cheap boots?) and dye them burgundy.  However, of course, no burgundy dye was in stock so what does any desperate, overwhelmed Mom do?  She grabs her phone and visits Amazon who will ship the burgundy dye to R Bar B by Wednesday and they agreed to dye the boots and have them ready for Thursday evening for Terry and I to pick up on our way down to State Fair so they are ready to go for "The Show Outfit" Friday morning!  Thank goodness for Amazon Prime and super nice and helpful people at R Bar B!  So we left there to stop by Steph's for lunch and then back to Lawrence for Coop's haircut that had to be rescheduled from Wednesday since he had to be at soccer practice when the rest of us had haircuts.  From haircuts we flew home for Coop to change for his soccer game and Raelynn to get ready for her friends' birthday party.  This is when the day fell apart a little.  Coop was all good, but Raelynn could not find anything to wear.  It turned into an ugly yelling match and a horrible parenting moment for me.  I rarely loose my patience, I rarely yell and I rarely regret an entire conversation but this was once of those times I lost my patience, yelled and regretted the entire thing.  I would like to think that will be the last time but I doubt it.  Thankfully Terry showed up and agreed to take her to her party so Coop and I could head back to Topeka for his soccer game which Terry would join us at later.  The good news is that by the time I picked Raelynn up from her party we had both calmed down and as we talked about our earlier argument we both apologized and agreed it was not the best moment for either of us.  Anyway, the soccer game was fun as usual.  I LOVE watching Coop play.  He is so aggressive and works so hard.  I think I love it most because he loves it and you can see it as he plays.  Steph, Cody and Hadley came to the game as well and we ended at their house where they fed us for the second time that day. 


 Coop got to help Uncle Cody change the oil on their care and he thought that was the best.  He adores his Uncle Cody and Cody never fails to include him in his boy stuff!

So after a Saturday of getting nothing done that I needed to get done I had high expectations for today.  It is now 11:30pm and I am where I wanted to be at about 8am this morning.  Needless to say I still have so much to do.  I sometimes wonder if I wasn't so insanely organized, if I would actually get more done.  I did manage to get the weeks menu done, workouts scheduled, attended church, grocery shopped, completely gut and clean Raelynn's room, clean all bathrooms, our room and Coop's room, clear through some paperwork, laundry, make lunch and dinner and take a walk to the park with the kids, Steph and Hadley.  Oh yes, after me being over at Steph's twice yesterday, she had to come and visit me because we left Hadley's car seat in my car!  It was not intentional but was sure nice to get out of the house for a little walk and park play.  So the day was great just not long enough.  I still am swamped with stuff for the 5K on the 26th, PTO stuff, continuing ed for work, work in general,  4H projects that need completed, getting Raelynn ready to leave on Thursday morning and the rest of us Thursday Night and I am sure I am forgetting something but that is all my brain can think of.  I headed to bed at 11pm tonight because I was exhausted but my head was spinning with to do's so I figured I might as well update the blog so as long as I am awake I am documenting why, Lol!  Anyway, so in summary, the world really should adapt to a 4 day work week and a 3 day weekend.  I feel like I have mentioned this before!

This morning in church the sermon was regarding the 10th commandment, Thou shall not covet thy neighbor.  Boy is this a hard one.  I don't know that I ever really thought about it because quite frankly I wasn't clear on what covet meant.  So as I realized it is saying I should not want what everyone else has and I should not be envious or jealous of others I realized this is one commandment I break all too often.  I had to ask myself why because although I am often envious of what others have I am also super thankful and happy with what I have.  As I listened this morning and really thought about it I realized I am envious of material things but when it comes to the things that matter, I have it all.  I have a wonderful family that I love more than I can explain, I have everything that I actually need, and I am in general super happy with my life.  It was like a slap in the face.  How dare I every be envious or want what someone else has when I already have so much.  I think I really needed to hear today's sermon because I walked out of there feeling satisfied with where I am and who I am.  I am so fortunate and sometimes I just need a little reminder of how special it really is.

0 comments: