CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

GREAT VACATION....................

After being harassed I am updating the blog; don't worry Bill you weren't the only one harassing me :). Anyway, since my last post things have been busier than normal. If you remember my sister, Karli, was spending last week with us and then we were headed to The Ozarks for a little vacation. Well on Wednesday Karli got the flu. She was soooo mad. The kids and I stayed clear and fortunately none of us have gotten sick. She was feeling fine by Thursday evening and we headed out to Osage Beach. Tom and Jan have a place down there and are kind enough to let us visit. We got in late Thursday night in the middle of a huge rain storm but by Friday morning everything had cleared and we headed to the water park. Raelynn had such a great time. She is such a dare devil and we could not keep her off the huge scary slides. Coop on the other hand spent most of the day in our arms. The boy is going to have to learn to love water or our vacations are not going to be much fun for him.

Friday night Tom and Jan came down and Saturday we spent on the lake. This is our favorite day and we had a great time. The good thing is Coop does like the boat and and even took a liking to the sand.He also liked steering the paddle boat as long as we didn't let any water get in the paddle boat.Raelynn likes everything. She loves it there and it was actually she who asked if we could go this year.

I personally love the jet ski. I have several bruises to show how much fun I had on it! After our fun day on the water and the sun set we had a camp fire, made apple and cherry pies and smores on the fire, lit sparklers and then watched fireworks above the lake out on the boat. It was wonderful! I love being on the lake and spending uninterrupted time with the family gets more enjoyable every year. We headed back Sunday after a little shopping and just as we had came in during a storm, we left during one too. We actually had to hide out from a potential tornado at a quick shop is some little town. The kids were terrified but it passed and the rest of the trip back was fine. Then it was back to the real world on Monday. We are still working on potty training Coop which seems to take up a lot of time. This is definitely trying my patience. When we potty trained Raelynn, I told her a little before she turned 2 that in order to go to preschool she had to potty on the toilet; that was on a Friday and Monday she was potty trained. Oh how different Coop is! He is doing ok but just doesn't quite have it all quite figured out. I guess this is just another learning experience for us both :). I also can't help but remember this is the last time I will potty train one of my little kids so I should enjoy all of it, even the frustrating part!

Tonight we went to the Community Workout which I think is a great thing. We had a good time and visited Tad's Snow Cones afterwards which made suffering the heat all worth it. The rest of the week should be pretty normal and then my family is back for the weekend for Karli's senior pictures. I cannot believe she will be a senior! I still remember when she was born. Unbelievable! The scary thing is I will be saying that about my kids before I know it. Just one more reason I will cherish every little memory I can with them.

Well time to check in on everyone sleeping and give them all one last kiss before I go to bed. The perfect end to the day!

0 comments: