CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 24, 2010

YOU ARE AN AMAZING MOM...............

Friday at work I got the following two pics from Mary Beth.....

It was the perfect "pick me up". Friday night we had Raelynn's VBS program which is always fun, followed by a little ice cream social. Raelynn has been going with Aunt Bonnie to VBS for 3 years now and each year likes it a little more. Next year Coop will get to go too. I just hope Aunt Bonnie can handle that :)


So after a pretty long week with Raelynn at VBS until 8:15pm every evening, we got to pick her up and take her to stay with Aunt Steph. Raelynn was so excited but I knew I was going to miss her terribly. Heck I have missed having any real time with her this past week. We were meeting Steph and Cody and we got there a couple minutes before them. I was reminding Raelynn to be good, use her manners, take her vitamins, etc when she says, "Hey Mom?" "Yeah" I replied. "You are an amazing Mom!" Wow, I had to fight back the tears right there. I thanked her and reminded her the she was an amazing kid.

Raelynn is having a great time with Aunt Steph and Coop and I have had some time together. With Raelynn being gone this last week it has giving me a lot more one on one time with Coop which I don't get often. He is such a funny and sweet boy. He loves to be silly now and will sometimes just run around the house laughing. I also have seen his imagination which you do see often or at least independently because most of their play is dominated by Raelynn. Anyway, today Kaden came over to play this morning and then we went swimming with Cayman this afternoon which did not leave us much time for him to miss "Tissy". I knew if I did not keep him busy he would do nothing but ask me when she was coming home. Coop is finally starting to like the water and was so much fun swimming today. He was jumping off the side and going under the water over and over again. It was a good day other than some potty mishaps that I find very frustrating. This potty training continues to test my patience. But I will gladly take these frustrations because the hugs and smiles that come along with them when we do have success are worth all the frustrations in the world!
Tomorrow we get to pick Raelynn up and I can't wait! It is great though that she is so independent that she can go and have a great time. She called me tonight to read her a bedtime story. We didn't make it very far because a bedtime story just isn't the same without pictures, but I convinced her to tell Aunt Steph a bedtime story instead. I can only imagine how that story turned out!

1 comments:

Jenny said...

That is adorable! What better words could a mom want to hear? Aww.. I'm glad your family has settled in to enjoy the summer post op.