CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 1, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY PRINCESS..........

Happy 5th Birthday Raelynn!!! I can hardly believe it, she is already 5! I have loved every age and have actually loved each year even more than the year before. Raelynn is so special to me. She is a huge ray of sunshine in my life, I really cannot imagine how I was happy before I had my family! I just cannot get enough of them.

Raelynn's birthday started off with a present of her choice. Of course she elected the present from Cooper to start her day with. Then at Mary Beth's she got to celebrate her birthday with the cupcakes I made last night. Then our friends next door invited Raelynn and I to go to Toy Story 3 with them. So we rushed home after work to make Raelynn's favorite items for dinner. This year her special birthday dinner consisted of Mac and Cheese, pasta salad and sausage. Oh yes, this is what she requested! After dinner we headed to the movie. We had not seen Toy Story 1 or 2 but I figured we would still be able to figure it all out. What I did not figure on was that the movie would make Raelynn so upset! If you have not already seen the movie, basically the old toys are taken away from the boy they have always been with and taken to this daycare where the children and other toys are cruel to them. Raelynn cannot handle any movie when people get hurt. She cannot watch Lilo n Stitch, 101 Dalmatians, Annie, Little Mermaid....the list goes on and on. As soon as I figured out what the bases of the movie was, I knew we were in trouble. She lasted about and hour and then it started. She started asking why the animals were being so mean and why they took the toys away and from there it just tumbled. By the time we left, about half way through the movie, she was sobbing. Upon her request, we left the theater. She could not quit talking about how we can never get rid of any of her toys and how they all were just so mean and on and on and on. I cannot even imagine what will happen next time I tell her to clean out her toy box! I felt horrible, the last thing I wanted was to make her cry on her birthday. By the time we got home she was doing much better. It was then present time and cupcake time.

This cheered her up greatly. We had gotten her her first American Girl Doll and she was more than happy. I felt much better. As I tucked her in tonight, she says, "thank you Mommy.....for everything. It's ok about the movie, just don't forget we are not throwing any of my toys away!"

Raelynn~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY....I LOVE YOU MORE AND MORE EACH DAY. YOU MAKE ME INCREDIBLY PROUD AND I THANK GOD NIGHTLY FOR GIVING YOU TO ME. I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOUR DEVELOPMENT IN THE NEXT 5 YEARS. I WILL WATCH EVERY DAY PROUDLY AND AMAZED THAT SOMEONE SO SMALL CAN TEACH ME SO MUCH!

0 comments: