CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

BACKING UP A LITTLE......

Things are a little hectic in the Keefer household right now or at least for me. Every time one of the kids birthdays rolls around I become crazy. I love having parties for them but I always want everything to be perfect and not cost a fortune. So I have been running around like a mad person. In addition there are a few other demanding things going on right now that I will talk about later and of course the day to day demands of life. Anyway, my head is once again whirling and I just wonder how people with 4 and more kids ever survive :)! Anyway to back up a little.....last Saturday Raelynn had another horse show. She placed 3rd and 4th this time and again looked fabulous doing it. Aunt Bonnie and Raelynn's classes were too close this time so Aunt Steph stepped up and helped Raelynn with the lead line. Steph did great and I love how she has just became part of "family". I had worried a little that it would be like having a guest at our house all summer but it hasn't been like that at all. So here is a picture of Raelynn and Aunt Steph from Saturdays show. Steph was not a big fan of the outfits, hahaha!

Then Sunday of course was Father's Day. We had a brunch at Kent and Kylie's. The brunch was fabulous. Watching the kids play was also fabulous! After that we were headed home for naps! I don't know what goes on in Terry's mind about the kids and being a Father but he has to be proud of both. The kids adore their Dad and he beams at the mere mention of their names. It was a great day as is every weekend! I love my days with the kids and Terry and Raelynn and I count down the days for the next weekend.

I continue to say how ornery Cooper is but I have yet another story to confirm this fact. Last night Raelynn and Cooper were in the bath. I had stepped out of the bathroom to get a towel and Steph and I were standing by the bathroom door talking. Raelynn had been saying, "Mom, Mommy, Mom, Mom, Mom" and I was just getting annoyed and told her to wait until I was finished talking to Steph. Steph and I finished and Steph headed downstairs and I stepped back into the bathroom to get Cooper out. All the sudden Steph yells about the same time I stepped into the bathroom and stepped into water. Steph is yelling that there was water running into the basement and I was yelling that the bathroom is flooding. We are running back and forth between the bathroom and the basement like crazy people passing each other along the way. We are half laughing and half freaking out. We are grabbing towels for the bathroom and buckets for the basement. I grab the phone to call Terry, my "go to" in any crisis. I am talking to him on the phone and finally realize Raelynn is starting to cry and is trying to tell us something. She had been yelling at us but Steph and I had been so crazy and loud ourselves we had not noticed. She finally has our attention and as she is saying, "I have been trying to tell you! Cooper is doing it, nothing is leaking!" As she is talking we turn to see her standing by her brother in the bathtub pointing at him as he is pouring this large cup of bath water right out onto the floor of the bathroom. I guess he had been doing this repetitively and that is why Raelynn had been trying to interrupt Steph and I's conversation which caused the floor to be covered in water and the water to leak to the basement from a small area where the caulking of the bathtub was starting to pull away. Of course Cooper never stops, he continues to pour the water and just snicker at us. Poor Raelynn had been trying to make him stop and when he didn't she had tried to get my attention. Once we realized everything that had happened we all started to laugh which did not help in trying to tell Cooper he could not pour water out of the bath. Raelynn informed me "if I would have just listened to her none of this would have happened!" It was all quite comical after the fact. You can see the orneriness ooze from him!

0 comments: