CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 13, 2009

A STORY THAT HAS TO BE TOLD.......

This week was a little weird. There seemed to be some really grumpy days, busy days, gloomy days.....it just was weird but the one thing that really stands out in my mind and makes me laugh hysterically is a little incident involving Steph and Terry. Now Steph warned me I could not post this on the blog so the following is just a fictional story about a morning at the Jone's house (wink, wink). In our story there are a few characters, we will call the first Harry. Harry is the husband, dad, brother-in-law. Then there is Sue the wife, mother, sister. Next is Peggy the younger sister of Sue. One morning Harry had to leave very early for work leaving Sue and Peggy to get ready and get Sue's 2 kids, Patsy and William ready too. Sue and Peggy were running around crazy trying to get ready. Sue had just got out of the shower and was in one bathroom getting ready while Peggy was in the other bathroom getting ready to get in the shower. Sue yells for Peggy to bring her some eyeliner before she got in the shower. Peggy comes out of her bathroom with a jog bra only on thinking the two girls and the two kids were the only ones home. Peggy brings Sue the eyeliner and then stops to tend to William who was being especially winy. As Peggy looks up there stood Harry. He had returned home. So there stood Peggy in a jog bra only, no pants in front of her brother-in-law. The story only gets funnier. So Peggy grabs William, the 1 year old boy, and holds him in front of her to try to conceal the area she is not comfortable exposing to her brother-in-law. Now Sue is right behind her cracking up! It takes a second for everything to sink in to Harry but when he hears Peggy say, "I'm naked!" He laughs and very calmly in a "no big deal" type of way, turns around and walks away. Steph, I mean Peggy, was so embarrassed I thought she was going to die. All I, or I mean Sue, could think was the fact that she was holding my son at her exposed crouch and that just couldn't be comfortable for him either. The whole thing was hysterical! I laugh every time I think about it. As for Terry, I mean Harry, he just laughs too!

We did get a few things accomplished this week. Raelynn has officially decided on a 4th of July Birthday theme which I am quite pleased with. It should make things very simple. We sat down and made her guest list and then her wish list. When I asked her what she wanted for her birthday there were the things I already knew about like the DSi and the Scooter but then she went crazy. She added to her list a pinwheel. A pinwheel? Really? But yes she wants a pinwheel which made Aunt Steph very happy because we had just seen some earlier that day and made for an easy gift. After that Raelynn says, "am I old enough for a cell phone?" I let her know she was not but could not believe she was already going to ask for a cell phone! Then she decided she wanted a club house. After inquiring about this she told me she wanted a big club house in the back yard. Well I guess she won't be getting everything she wants this year!!!

Coop had his 18 month check up on Wednesday and is doing great. He is 19lbs and 2oz and is still i the 0% for weight but at least he is gaining. He is now 29 3/4" and is actually on the charts in the 2%. He is doing great and is just getting funnier by the day. He is saying new words every day and repeating everything we say. The most excitement came when he said "Steph". She had been working on him saying that for weeks! Today when we were trying to get ready he looked and Raelynn and said "ets Gooooo" for Let's Go! It was so cute!

Today was a wonderful day as the weekends always are. I love spending the day with Raelynn and Cooper. They are so great and the days go by way too fast. Tomorrow Terry and I and several other volunteers are working an Aid Station at the Ironman. I think it will be fun and I am glad we are doing it but I am sad I have to give up one of my days with the kids. It is for a good cause though and we are earning money for Cooper's Cause also.

2 comments:

miles3_17 said...

omg, I just laughed out loud over and over, I'd be humiliated too! The funnier thing is Cooper being held in front of her! Great story!

Anonymous said...

I was laughing so hard at this story! Poor Steph!
Brianne