CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 29, 2009

MORE FUN TIMES......

Before we get to the fun weekend we had a follow up eye doctor appointment for Cooper. Unfortunately his eyes are not doing as well as we had hoped and he has to get another prescription. It is just his left eye that is week but we are going to get the new lenses and if they do not help then we will definitely be patching him. Coop did make a little friend why we were there though. There was this little girl sitting on the floor watching TV. Coop walked right up to her, sat down as close as he could get and then started rubbing her back. He is going to be such a player! Molly from Tiny K was there with us and she, Raelynn and I just laughed.

This weekend we finally made it to the wading pool. I had no idea how great this place was. We will definitely visit again. Raelynn had a blast and even little Cooper had fun. I was excited because we were able to mark off 2 parks in reaching our goal of visiting all the parks in Lawrence.





Saturday night Terry and I had a wedding to go to so our friend, Stephanie watched the kids. They had a blast! She is awesome with them and I think enjoyed it too. We got home about 9:30pm and unlike most parents I was thrilled the kids were still awake. Cooper was being difficult and just would lay down without crying and Raelynn was in bed but still awake. I was so excited to see them. I went into Raelynn's room to tell her good night and she yelled "Mommy" and we hugged and giggled like little friends who hadn't seen each other forever. She said she was so happy to see me. I love that girl. I asked if she had fun and she definitely did but it was nice that she was still happy to see us. Terry took Cooper and of course he went right to bed. I told Steph Coop would hardly go to bed for me. He likes his Daddy routine at night.

Sunday after church we attended a memorial dedication for a friend of ours that passed away a year ago. The dedicated a memorial bench to him and announced the forming of a foundation. It was all very touching and we were so happy to be there. He was a deputy that was hit by a car while riding his bicycle one morning. He was the nicest guy and always seemed to just want to make things right for everyone. It was such a sad accident but his family is making good out of it. I always think that is so important.

Tomorrow night my Mom, Karli, Cassidy and Chandler are coming to spend the night. Cassidy has a camp to go to near Bonner Springs and so they are all bringing her up. The timing is perfect because Wednesday is Raelynn's birthday. We are keeping their visit a surprise. They are leaving Wednesday morning so we are going to get up and have a little surprise celebration for Raelynn. She will be so excited!!! I love the kids' birthdays, they make me remember how excited I used to get. I hope she has a good one. Then Saturday, the 4th, we are having her party. As Raelynn says, she has her birthday and her party day!

0 comments: