CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 13, 2009

COOPER'S CAUSE 2ND ANNUAL 5K, ANOTHER SUCCESS...

Saturday's 5K was another huge success. The morning was beautiful and we had a great crowd. I am always touched by a couple things that happen at every event we have and Saturday was no different. A little boy who goes to Raelynn and Cooper's new daycare came with a baseball cap full of money from his piggy bank to donate to Cooper and his foundation! I, unfortunately was not there to see him but as I was told the story there was not a dry eye around. What a sweet boy. I love how the foundation has brought families together and even the littlest members contribute. There also was a little girl who is a granddaughter of friend's of ours. She walked up to me, hugged me and said, "I am glad Cooper has a family like yours." I teared up right then. What an incredibly inspiring thing to say. I am always thankful that we have Cooper but to say that Cooper is lucky to have us was the biggest pat on the back I think I had ever received. Later that day, she stopped by our house with a bouquet of flowers she had put together herself and gifts for both Raelynn and Cooper. How do you thank a young girl for being so thoughtful? I can only imagine how proud her mother must be for raising such a sweet girl. I know she made me proud.

Sometimes I get all wrapped up in how much this foundation means to Terry and I and I forget how much it means to those involved as well. As Tatum, who heads the committee on the 5K, stood up to talk Saturday morning, tears rose to her eyes. It was then that I was reminded that we are such a small part in all of this. It is all those who help and the families that are in need and the families that come out to support the foundation and the little kids that do so much to give that make this something special. I am just so proud to be a part of it! This year we raised just under $5,000. What a great job everyone did! The results from the run are posted at runLawrence.org.
Raelynn and Coop cross the finish line!

What a great crowd!

Warming Up!


Raelynn and Cooper also had a great time at the race and with Granny (Raelynn's new name for my Mom), Aunt Karli, Chandler, Aunt Steph and Cody. It was a house full and so much fun. When they left today Raelynn cried and cried, "I want my Grandma!" It was sad but also sweet that she misses her.

This week is sure to be somewhat relaxing after the last few. I hope to get caught up on final paperwork from the 5K and on to finalizing the application for funds. I love my family and I love what we are doing, what more could a person want!!!

0 comments: