CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 24, 2009

GOOD TIMES......

This week has been pretty good. After many talks with Moms of girls, I have found that Raelynn's crazy dislike of jeans is not uncommon and I also found out that I need to back off. As several Moms explained, there are several cute legging outfits out there and if she insists on shorts it might be ok to just let her wear shorts. If she gets cold, she will then choose to wear warmer clothes and they assured me no one look badly upon me if my daughter shows up to school on a brisk fall morning in shorts. All of their advice has helped and for the last 2 mornings we have been a dream. Tonight the fun continued. Raelynn made spaghetti. I did help her but I let her tell me what to do and for the most part she did it. It was so much fun. We talked and cooked and laughed. I really cannot think of a better way to spend an evening. She also is starting to clear the table and put the dishes in the dishwasher. I make sure we have a lot of fun while we are doing all these little chores and Coop always keeps us laughing too. I look forward to picking them up every night and just cannot believe how my relationship grows every day with each of them. I love being a Mom and especially being a Mom to them.

We took Coop in for a weight check yesterday and in 4 months he has only gained 1 lb 5oz. He is up to 20 lbs 13oz. It was definitely nothing to get excited about but I was just thankful he had not lost weight. Mary Beth and Karen work sooo hard every day to get him to drink more and more and he is doing great but he is just so active. Now we are not just fighting the cardiac issues in his weight gain but also him burning so many more calories a day. Anyway, we will keep working at it and just hope we can avoid any set backs like the flu.

We are looking forward to a fun weekend. We are headed to the KU Football game on Saturday and Raelynn is very excited. We will see how long we last but it should be fun. Hopefully we will get plenty of out door time because I am a little worried that the really cold weather is going to be here before we are ready!

0 comments: