CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 7, 2009

A HAPPY LABOR DAY.....

We had a great long weekend. Friday night we went to the Lawrence High football game. Terry actually had a Friday night he wasn't reffing so we all headed to the game. The kids loved it! The new stadium is wonderful too. They still have some work to finish but it is going to be great. Saturday was our day to get everything done so we could enjoy Sunday and Monday. Saturday night we headed to a BBQ Party at our cousins house. It was fun to gather with the family and watch Cooper and his little cousin Sky play.

Sunday was Donovan's birthday. The kids again had a blast. Donovan has this great swing set in his back yard and Cooper fell in love with it.



Today we just spent the day hanging out and then visited our friend Jill and her daughter Taylor who were back visiting for the weekend. It was a great relaxing day. As I put the kids to bed tonight I could not help but wish every day was a holiday. Every day I spend with them I want to spend the next with them even more. They both make me laugh so much and watching Raelynn and Coop play together was absolutely perfect. Raelynn continues to amaze me with her maturity, most of the time, and Cooper stuns us with how smart he is. If it weren't for his lack of words I would swear he was older than he is.

This upcoming week is sure to be a little crazy with the Cooper's Cause 5K on Saturday. Last week Terry and I did a couple interviews, one for KSNT and one for our local news stations. Both turned out pretty well. We just saw the one on our local news and they did a great job tying it into the one that aired this time last year. My family will come in on Friday which I am really looking forward to. The last couple weeks have been the first time I have ever really wished they were closer. Not that I don't always, but recently I have just felt how easier everything would be if they were here. However, I know they are happy where they are and we are happy here so I will just be happy with their visits. Raelynn is so excited to see them as well. I told her today they were coming and she was ecstatic. Cooper was sitting there too and he said, Ga Ma coming? Raelynn and I just started laughing and Raelynn says, "He just said Grandma!" So we will pray for good weather and a good turn out for the 5K. This will be our last major fund raiser for this year and then we will focus on the family or families we will be helping after the first of the year. I cannot believe how far the foundation has come. We are so fortunate!

0 comments: