CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"SNAP OUT OF IT".............

Wow, Wednesday already!  The week has been a little hectic for us but we are rolling with it.  Monday morning the kids woke up super excited to see what the Witch Fairy brought them.  For you who were not following a few years ago when the Witch Fairy was introduced to us, the Witch Fairy comes on Halloween Night and if you put out enough candy for her, she will take your candy and leave a present in its place.  This year I convinced the kids the more candy they leave the bigger the present.  So as soon as we got home from trick or treating they sorted through their candy and kept enough to fill our small candy dish and put the rest out for the Witch Fairy.  Luckily the Witch Fairy thought they put out plenty of candy and left a Halloween Webkinz for each of them.  They thought it was pretty cool. 

Tuesday Terry got to be a "Watch Dog" at Raelynn's Elementary School.  The Watch Dog program is where Dad's or another male role model in the kids' lives volunteer to help out at the school for a day.  At Raelynn's school there is at least 1 Watch Dog virtually every day.  The funny part of all of this is that Terry thought he was volunteering for half a day because Raelynn goes to school for half a day, but the night before as we were talking he realized he was there for the whole day and since it was a Tuesday (better known in our family as Daddy's Golf Day) Terry was a little distraught that he may miss his Tuesday Golfing.  Luckily, he was able to still play a few holes afterwards.  Anyway, it was a great experience for him and Raelynn loved having him there!


When I picked her up after school I asked her how Dad did, she replied, "He was awesome.  He helped us all make "L's" and we all got them right.  We never all get them right.  We got them right because of Dad, he was awesome!"  I was so happy it went well and I would imagine Terry felt good to make his daughter so proud. 

Funny Raelynn story.......so today I find out that a little boy in her class came up to her yesterday and says, "Raelynn, I love you."  Now I would have thought Raelynn would have just giggled or replied the same back because we tell her we love her all the time, but instead, my 5 year old snaps her fingers at the boy and says, "Snap out of it!"  I laughed and laughed.  There is a different boy in her class who tells his Mom that he and Raelynn and are in love and going to get married.  I know Raelynn likes this little boy because she talks about him all the time but she has never references "boyfriend" or anything like that.  So I say to her, "You know Jarod tells his Mom you are in love and going to get married?"  She looks at me and says, "well not for awhile Mom."  Funny stuff!  I say funny now but in 10 years or so I doubt that I find these same conversations funny at all!

Coop is starting to identify things that have happened in the past, things that are happening today and things that will happen in the future but they are all yesterday, today and tomorrow.  So now he is forever bringing up things that happened months again and says, " 'Member yesterday............"  and things he is looking forward to such as his birthday and Christmas are all happening tomorrow.  Tonight when I was telling him goodnight he says, " 'member yesterday Tom let me dive his boat,  I dove it really fast!"  I said, "that was fun wasn't it? But that happened this past summer not yesterday." He replies, "Who's summer?" "Summer's not a person it is a time period when it was hot." I explain.  "Summer not a person?' "No summer's not a person." "Summer when it hot?" "Yea, it was when it was hot." "Ok, 'member yesterday when I dove Tom's boat really fast?"  Somehow I felt like this conversation was not getting anywhere so I smiled and said, "Yes Boo I remember."  I guess we start "picking our battles" early on. 

0 comments: