CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 31, 2010

MORNING AT THE KEEFER HOUSEHOLD..............(Somehow this post never got posted. This was actually a post from last week)

I told myself I needed to update the blog more but I had no intention on doing it every night but this morning had to be documented.............

 Raelynn woke up very grouchy today.  I am unsure why but when I got out of the shower a little after 6:30a.m. I already heard her and Terry butting heads over breakfast.  Their debate continued and eventually I hear Terry send her to her room to get dressed without breakfast.  Of course she is in tears and I am sure Terry was about there too.  I went in to talk to her and she calmed down a little. She told me, "Dad is being unreasonable!"  I tried to keep a straight face and I asked her if she even knew what "unreasonable" means.  She says, "Uh yea, it means he isn't making sense and he isn't listening!"  I went on to explain that Dad would probably say the same about her right now.  Eventually the morning went on.....next it was her clothes.  The long sleeved shirt she has worn a million times was now too tight.  I knew that on this paticular morning nothing was going to make her happy so I simply told her, "ok, if it is too tight pick something else." She almost seemed disappointed that we were not going to argue about it.  She continued wining and crying about and finally I told her that she needed to go to her room and not come back to talk to me until she could talk nicely without wining.  Of course that sent the tears rolling again and she disappeared into her room.  A little while later she comes back into the bathroom where I was still trying to get ready, she says in a completely grown up voice, "Mom, I am going to turn my morning around, I am going to be ok now, can I talk to you?" I told her thank you and of course she could talk to me now.  So the next part of my story I am not sure is "blog appropriate" but too funny not too tell.  First let me explain that I come from a family of 3 sisters.  We have no brothers and our family is fairly conservative, therefore, certain things pertaining to my son have been quite eye opening to me.  So in the midst of Raelynn's chaos and the constant interruptions in our morning routine to get her back on track I had at one point taken Cooper into his bathroom to go potty. However, before even getting him on the potty I had been interrupted by Raelynn so while I am discussing with Raelynn how Dad is unreasonable and then how she is going to turn her morning around, poor Coop is just standing in the bathroom waiting on me. Finally I am reminded of him by him yelling to me, "Mommy, my peepee is standing up in my pull up!"  WHAT!!!???? Half in laughter and half in shock I yell back, "Why is it doing that?" He replies, "I think it needs to go potty." By this time I am in the bathroom and putting Coop on the potty.  Sure enough, he went potty and fixed that issue.  As I walked back to my bathroom where Raelynn was brushing her teeth and doing her hair just perfectly as if she had not been a complete grump all morning, I had to smile....from frustration to laughter every minute holds another learning experience whether it is teaching us patience or simply the process of life, I have learned more about myself and the world around me  in the last 5 years than I had in the previous 30 years.

The rest of the morning went along just fine and everyone seemed to be back on track.  Raelynn had told me last night that at the upcoming Halloween Parties on Friday at school their brothers and sisters could come and Raelynn was so excited that Cooper would be there.  However, that meant that I would have to take him and therefore have to take time off work.  She was so excited I couldn't just tell her no so I told her I would talk to Tom to see if I could work it out.  Tom, being the kind and supportive boss that he is, let me have Friday morning to take Coop to school.  When I picked Raelynn up I let her know that Tom said I could have the morning  off so Coop could be at her party.  She was so excited and said, "YES! Thank you Mom for taking off work and tell Tom thanks too."  It was so sweet and grown up that she recognized that I was doing it for her.  As soon as we got to Mary Beth's Raelynn runs down to Coop and says, "Guess what Buddy? You get to go to Sissy's school on Friday for her Halloween Party." Cooper gave her a big smile and they hugged.  Way too cute!!!

I love these kids!







0 comments: