CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

THERE IS ONLY ONE OF ME.................

I am walking into Raelynn's room this evening as she is turning down her bed.  Constantly there are hundreds of thoughts in my head at one time and I say to Raelynn as she is turning down her bed and getting ready for her bedtime story, "Please lay out your clothes tomorrow." She says, "I will". She barely gets that out of her mouth and I say "What do you want for breakfast in the morning? Remember you need eat faster in morning than you did today, did you get your papers out of your backpack?"  Raelynn looks at me in disgust, "Jeez Mom there is only one of me!"  Classic! I say this to her and Cooper quite often.  I laughed hard and told her she was right I would let her answer one question at a time.  She then says without missing a beat....."eggs, sausage and water....I will.....and yes". (Reference my long list of questions above)

Equally cute as Raelynn was Cooper.  We had ran errands after work and got home a little late.  We were rushing around to get dinner and bathes.  Coop was bathed and getting ready to watch Berenstain Bears as they did every night before bed.  I was cleaning up the kitchen and trying to get things put away and straitened up.  Coop runs into the kitchen and says, "Mommy you watch bears with me!"  My heart melted because generally from 8 to 8:30 regardless what needs done Terry and I stop to sit and watch the Bears with the kids.  To recognize that it really meant something to Cooper was awesome.  Thank goodness my Mom has reminded me many times to appreciate the time with them and remember the mess or other things we have to do will be there when we get to them.  I dropped everything and swooped Coop up in my arms and spent the next half hour cuddling with him and watching Bears, definitely the best 30 minutes of my day!

1 comments:

Carolyn Martin, friend of the Dukes said...

Good for you Mrs. Keefer. That mess will be there when Coop is fast asleep. Our son will be 48 next month and I still remember those wonderful times when we cuddled and read or watched TV. Now we get to do that with our granddaughters. Life is good.