CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 25, 2010

Coop, Coop, Coop........................

Cooper is really entering another stage of his development.  He is beginning to speak more emotionally and descriptively and it is awesome.  Every night when I lay with him right before he goes to sleep he has a story for me.  Usually it is about something that happened at Mary Beth's, the place where all his friends are and the place he loves to be.  He always has to set up and he talks just like I do with facial expressions and hand gestures.  Regardless what he is saying it takes all I have to stay focused and not just sweep him up and squeeze him because he is just so darling talking so big!  He is also very funny.  Tonight when he got out of the bath we were in his room getting dressed.  He was standing in front of the mirror just in his pull up and he says, "My ears are big!"  I laughed because this is an observation we have all made.  Then he looks at himself in the mirror and in a real low voice says, "Well hello big ears!" I started to laugh and so did he. 

In addition to keeps new conversation skills, his understanding for things is also growing.  I may have mentioned this before but Coop is recognizing that Cooper's Cause is named after him.  As Terry and I were talking about something with the foundation Coop turns to me and says, "My Foundation?" I nodded. Later he asked me if his foundation was because of his heart.  I know he can't really figure it all out yet, and I know the idea of the foundation is too abstract for him to really understand but I also know that he is starting to relate it all and before we know it he will understand it all.  Raelynn has started to have big ideas for the foundation and has came up with some fundraising ideas for Raelynn's Rock  Stars.  She also gave up her allowance to pay for the design and production of t-shirts for Raelynn's Rock Stars.  It is awesome to see them grow and understand and love what the foundation is all about.

Well off to my next project.  Thank goodness I caught my second wind, I should be good for a few more hours, :)




0 comments: