CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 10, 2010

DID WE HAVE A WEEKEND............

Wow, that was an exceptionally quick weekend!

A little Coop update.....we took Coop in for a weight check on Thursday and he had gained almost an entire pound.  He now weights 26lbs.  I was so excited as was everyone else.  I dropped Coop back off at Mary Beth's and all the kids were eating.  I sat Coop down and Karen placed his plate in front of him.  I looked at the plate with as much food as the other kids.  I asked if he eats all that?  They said he did and does so without hesitation and eats about as quickly as the other kids.  I was super happy he ate there but a little frustrated that they can get him to eat all that yet at home he eats about half that as long as I am bribing him with his "Puppy Cheetos".  So Friday night we got home after having a wonderful night out together having a little cookie treat at Colossal Cookies and they fun at the Toy Store.  I got the kids dinner ready and as always Coop states that he wants "Puppy Cheetos".  I let him know we are not having Cheetos and he needs to eat.  As always he tells me, "me not eat, I want puppy Cheetos!"  Well let's see, for months I have been too scared that Coop may loose an ounce if I deny him anything and therefore he has gotten away with deciding when, how and what he ate, but not anymore.  Now I know how much he eats during the day and I know that he is gaining weight so now I take the control back!  I looked right at him and said, "Coop, I know you eat and Mary Beth's and you are getting bigger now so we play by my rules now, you eat what is set before you or you don't eat, it's that simple."  Coop began to pout and said he was done.  Raelynn simply said, "Uh oh Cooper." So Friday night Coop ate nothing and for the first time was denied a bedtime snack.  Then Saturday rolled around.  We sat down to eat lunch and Cooper ate 8 chicken fingers (kind of like chicken nuggets) this was 4 more than Raelynn ate. He did not once ask for a "puppy Cheetos" and never once complained.  He has ate and ate and ate since then.  So I guess my little boy is not quite at stubborn as he wanted me to think he was.  Thank Goodness!  Honestly, had he held out I would have probably given in but that is my little secret!

Our weekend was full of birthday parties. Raelynn had friends birthdays on Saturday and then our good friends and neighbors party today.  It was definitely a lot of fun.



Terry was gone this weekend and is finally back home so everything is back to normal and ready to start another week!

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Haha! Good for you :) You figured him out. Aly does the same thing at daycare. She started going to a new daycare a few weeks ago and they give me a note everyday with everything she ate. I thought she was picky too but nope! Glad you had a great weekend! :)