CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 5, 2014

ANSWERS.........

Well here we go again, we went to dinner and when we returned there were orders to put the NG tube back.  Mom had declined to have it back until we returned.  She felt that if she was throwing it up why did she need to have it sucked out.  The response from the Dr was Ok, but I think she should have it.  My experience with Coop was that throwing up was not good when you are trying to make the bowels work.  When you throw up your body pushes everything up and you are looking for the action of pulling things down so it's not good.  I explaineed this to Mom and of course if the NG tube was a better course of action she was willing to do it.  It is amazing what explaining something will do.  So now I want answers and I expressed that to the nurse.  I asked for a conference call with the doctor and she was more than happy and willing to do that for us.  The doctor actually answered my questions and everything he said did make sense.  I only wish he would do this without being drilled.  Anyway, what is important is that she has a small part of the bowel that is not pushing the bile to the colon.  This could be a blockage or it could just be slow waking up.  If it is blockage and does not clear on its own they may have to go back in to remove the blockage.  She is still retaining fluid because the tissue is still retaining it which happens after trauma.  Her white blood count is up about 5% and this is not what they wanted to see but with no other signs of infection, they are not alarmed about this yet.  They will pull blood again in the morning and we will see what the count is then.  This will determine a lot about how I feel tomorrow.  Her NG tube is finally in place.  This was brutal for her because she had swelling from the previous time and it took them 3 tries to get it in.  It was awful but Mom is so strong! The NG tube will be in for at least 2 days and then we'll see.

I am so not ready to leave.  I feel so responsible for her and I don't know why.  It will kill me to leave tomorrow.  I have to get the kids back home for school and have to work but let me tell you if things have not drastically changed I will be back for the weekend.  Raelynn and Cooper are starting to miss us.  With Terry home and me here they have been staying with my oldest sister since Thursday and she has taken great care of them but there reaches a time they just need their Mommy.  Not to mention there reaches a time their Mommy just needs them.  Tonight at dinner Raelynn kissed me 100 times and when I got ready to leave Coop just kept hugging me.  Those things tear at my heart and bring tears to my eyes just why I am thinking about them.  I am so thankful for my Dad and sisters because together we are here for her.  Now I know why Mom had 4 kids, it takes us all to play the role that is needed to care for one of us when someone is sick.  I remember every time Coop has been in the hospital everyone finds their role and makes sure no one is left uncared for.

Mom is strong and she will get there eventually but we are still accepting prayers :)  Thank you to everyone back home in Lawrence for all your kind text, comments and emails.  You all never fail to amaze me in your kindness and willingness to help.  You all rock!!!










1 comments:

Jackie said...

Kristi, is this NG. tube something that is put down thru her thoat. to pump the stomach out.