CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

HAPPY 2014!!!!

And so 2013 comes to an end with a little excitement and 2014 starts with a little relief!  Yesterday was full of surprises!  My day started bright and early as I dropped my car off for a service about 7:25am.  I got a ride back to my office with one of our clients which was a nice surprise and visit.  I arrived in plenty of time to open up except for one small thing……I left my office key on the key ring with my car key at the dealership!!!!  I went in to one of the offices next to us who was nice enough to let me sit there and work and watch our door to make sure no one came.  I stayed there until one of my co-workers arrived and then started my day.  Everything was fine and work was good until a little after lunch and things got CRAZY!  I was slammed at work and my desk was piling higher and higher.  I had a couple great visits with clients and even though I knew I would never get out of there by 5pm, I didn't expect what came next.  About 3pm I got a call and my Mom was in the ER.  She had been sick since Christmas with what we thought was the flu.  Come to find our her appendix had ruptured Thursday or Friday and her body was filled with the poison.  Sherri and Dad were there with Mom and Steph, Karli and I were miles away just waiting on updates.  She went in to emergency surgery late afternoon.  I got off work a little late and had plans to go over to friends house for New Year's Eve celebration but weren't sure whether we would be on the road to Scott City or not.  We kept in touch with Dad and Sherri and Mom's surgery went well but the next 24 hours were critical.  I have to say it made for a nervous New Year's but by 10pm I felt better knowing she was out of surgery and settled for the evening.  We spent the evening with the Cozadd's and had some good laughs.  It was hard though knowing that Mom was critical for the next 24 hours. I was thankful to be surrounded by good friends though.


This morning we started the New Year off with fantastic news that Mom was doing great!!!!!  She will be on antibiotics and in the hospital for a while but she was doing well.  It was a huge relief and I even got to talk to her which made me feel better.  The unexpected always makes me appreciate my day to day uneventful life.  Things like this also are a reminder how lucky we are to have our family and how precious everyone really is.  We love you so much Mom and am so thankful you are ok!!!

Today flew by and tomorrow it is back to work to welcome 2014.  I have high hopes and big plans for the upcoming year and can't wait to get started!

0 comments: