CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 12, 2014

STILL IN THE HOSPITAL AND MORE.........

I stopped posting updates because my frustration level had reached an all time high and I didn't want to come a crossed as bitter.  In addition, there was so much going on and I wasn't sure who all had been notified of what and did not want to start a riot in the family if something was posted that not everyone had been notified of.  However, I think I have my frustration under control and I think most everyone is up date so here we go.........

I left you last Tuesday and things were looking up for Mom.  However Wednesday brought on a whole knew level of chaos.  Starting with Mom, they did a CT Scan and it did show she had blockage in her small bowel.  So this set off a whole trickle of phone calls and decision of what to do.  Basically we were all in agreeance that Mom would not have the next procedure needed in Scott City.  I think we all assumed that they would then transfer her to Wichita.  Her surgeon however knew a surgeon in Lawrence and he offered to have her transferred to him.  At first I didn't really care where she went I just wanted her moved somewhere with more extension care.  However, upon making a few calls and texting a few nurses I know, I found out the doctor they wanted to transfer her to in Lawrence was a fantastic surgeon.  So I called and talked to day and by the time the day ended it was pretty much decided they would have her transferred to Lawrence but would wait until Thursday morning to get things rolling.  Once again we were waiting.  While all of this was going on, my Grandmother who moved to Scott City in August and lives in the rest home  that my Mom works at, went into Congestive Heart Failure.  She was admitted to the hospital on Wednesday as well. She had been worrying so much about Mom and now she was right across the hall.  The good news is Grandma is fine and has been released from the hospital.  She is back in the rest home and now is just  worrying about Mom again.  She is struggling a little because Mom has always been her voice and translates things for her.  Since Mom isn't there she feels like no one is telling her anything and is getting a little upset about that.  I don't blame her at all because they are adjusting her meds and some things and change is always hard and not having Mom there just makes it worse.  Aunt Linda and Uncle Bob came up though to stay with Grandma through her hospital stay and until today.  It was wonderful to have them here for Grandma and so Mom knew she was being cared for.

And just in case all of that wasn't enough, Coop had awaken early Wednesday morning with severe chest pains.  Now we have been dealing with the chest pains for awhile so that's nothing new but this was different.  He was hurting bad.  So we gave him some Advil and sent him to school.  In the midst of the calls about Mom and Grandma I called Coop's doctor and he ordered chest x-rays.  Although the chest X-ray was interesting, they determined there was not any sign of infection.  It is possible this is still just growing pains but it's also possible he has some scar tissue issues.  We see his cardiologist on the 15th and are just hoping we get a few more answers.  Wednesday night I got home late and when I cam in Coop was lying on the couch.  He would only say, "Mommy it hurts" and point to his chest.  It was the first time I almost started to cry over his pain.  Usually I am pretty strong about it and just let him know we know and help him redirect his attention some where but this time it was just heartbreaking.

So after a very long day Wednesday, Thursday came and word from Scott City is they think something broke loose and Mom was feeling much better and they didn't think they were going to move her.  To say I was skeptical would be putting it mildly.  Remember I think she should have be transported some time ago but it is not my call.  So Steph headed back to Scott City Thursday and I headed out Friday.  Mom looked a lot better but there were still up and downs as to whether her smaller bowel was blocked or not.  Yesterday the x-ray still showed swelling which was a set back and frustrating considering she is starting to eat and seems to be doing better.  We were all anxiously waiting this morning for the results of the x-ray.  The doctor was in a few minutes ago and said the X-ray looked good, pulled her NG tube and told her they would start her on solids and she should be dismissed by tomorrow afternoon. We are ecstatic but a little nervous.  It just seems so up and down but we just asked Mom that if she starts feeling bad at all to get back to the doctor.  So we are now gathering things up, making sure she has groceries at home and getting things organized for next week.  Steph and I will leave today after we get everything ready for her and then we will pray!  We will pray that she does get dismissed tomorrow and we will pray that she does not have any further complications.

















0 comments: