CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 4, 2014

DID I MENTION UP AND DOWNS……..

Last night went well.  They pulled Mom's NG Tube about 2:30am.  This morning she was up and showered and they started her on a slow diet of liquid and Popsicles.  Her bowels were beginning to work and even her urine output was increasing.  This afternoon she started feeling more bloated and just yucky again.  About 3:30pm she threw up a lot of bile.  Now as gross as that sounds, it looked worse.  Her urine was also getting very "dirty" looking.  They called the doctor and took the food/liquids away again.  She now can have 1 teaspoon of ice every 20 minutes and that is the very most.  The doctor continues to indicate this is just the process but there just seems to be some unanswered questions.  I am not sure why she threw up bile and I am not sure why her urine is so cloudy.  The doctor has not been by to question but the nurse continues to relay from him that everything is just taking time to work correctly.  Trust me I understand this and understand the importance of patience at a hospital, however, I really like concrete answers or at least guesses as to why something is happening rather than avoiding those direct questions with, "It takes time?".  I intend to spend the rest of the evening researching everything I can find about appendectomies and everything else related.  Anyway, as you can tell I am just getting a little irritated with the lack of answers.  I am probably also a little irritated because I know tomorrow I have to leave and I am worried.  I am worried someone won't be sitting here 24/7 following exactly what's going on.  Anyway, we are getting ready for a family dinner thanks to Steph's Mother-in-law (Thanks so much Shelli) and that will give us a chance to regroup and see where we go from here.

It is also snowing here and COLD!  Mom has loved having visitors and I thank all her Scott City family and friends for their visits and prayers!!!

0 comments: