CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 3, 2009

COOP ATE A CHICKEN NUGGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok well he didn't eat the whole nugget but the point is he took a bite and that is a huge step. Gloria and Kathryn (Gloria's 16 year old daughter who is like another mother) told me as soon as they dropped off the kids. We were all very excited. While I was cooking dinner he ate a cookie, almost the whole cookie! Maybe he is finally figuring out food is not so bad. He is also talking sooooo much. Tonight he was in the bathroom and started to cry. I ran down the hall to see what was wrong. There he stood holding his leg saying "ouch". If you could only hear him talk. He always stresses the first syllable and sometimes does not even put the ends on words but it is so cute. I asked him what he hurt and he said "leg". I was thrilled to hear the words so I kept going. I am asked him how he hurt his leg. He says, "door...teeth...ouch...leg"! Raelynn and I cracked up. This was Coop's first attempt at a sentence and Raelynn and I knew just what he was saying. He scratched his leg on the cupboard when he tried to open the door to get his toothbrush so he could brush his teeth! He was so proud of himself that we understood what he was saying he stopped crying and started to laugh with Raelynn and I. This is the best stuff ever. I cannot believe the progress he is making. It is awesome to see!

With school nearing we are establishing some new routines and rules. Raelynn is far from a morning person and cannot stand it when I wake her up and expect her to jump out of bed and start getting ready just like I do. I was waking her up at 7:30 each morning and we were always late. She told me the other day she just wanted to get up on her own. So we talked and we decided I would start waking her at 7 am and then would leave her alone to get herself up until 7:20 or so. If she wasn't up by then I was allowed to get her up myself. It has been working pretty well. This morning was great and we were ready to walk out the door by 8am with very little nagging. In addition she has to make her bed on her own without me asking and has to feed Poho. Unbelievably it is going great! She has made her own little routine. She gets up, comes and tells me good morning. We do her hair and she returns to her room to make her bed. She gets dressed and then heads out to the kitchen for breakfast. After breakfast she brushes her teeth and then before we leave she feeds Poho. It amazes me how well things go when I am not constantly having to say "hurry up!". This weekend Raelynn found the music stations on TV. Now between the Disney Channel and Fox 4 News she sneaks a little music in. This weekend she would yell at me when certain artist came on that she knew I liked. This morning on the way to Gloria's she said "listen Mom" and she sang me the chorus to "The Climb" by Mylie Cyrus. It cracked me up! Her memory amazes me.

Monday is over, just Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to go! Hahaha!

2 comments:

Huber Family said...

So glad to hear that Coop is making improvements! Soon he'll be eating you out of house and home = ) Also, the talking ... how cute! Not cute that he got hurt, but cute how he explained it, then laughed with you guys. It is so amazing to see it when the little light bulb finally clicks!

Amber Temple said...

Hi Kristi! I don't have your e-mail address so this was the next best thing...but I just wanted to say thanks for taking care of Maisy for us! I know when her and Mox are together they are pretty crazy so thanks for being brave enough!

Amber