CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 9, 2009

RAELYNN'S HAIR IS GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being the great Mom that I am, hee hee hee, I took the kids to the wading pool on Saturday. It was the last weekend they were going to be open and we met some friends there. The kids had a blast and it was a great way to spend a hot day. We left the pool and stopped for a bite of Ice Cream and then home we went. I put Raelynn directly in the bath tub because it was already getting a little late in the evening and I don't like them to sit around in wet suits anyway. She had played for a few minutes and then I went in to wash her hair. I put the shampoo in as we talked and seconds later I was freaking out. In the white suds of the shampoo all I could see was green hair!!!! Of course me freaking out freaked her out. I washed it again and conditioned it and then hurried her out of the bathtub as if it were the bath that turned it green. I called my Mom in a panic and explained what was going on. She was laughing at my alarm and suggested I wash it again. So I put Raelynn back in the bathtub, who by this time is crying loudly. We wash and condition again and back out of the tub. Hair is still GREEN! We blow dry it to see if that helps but no, still green hair. Not only was it green but it smelled weird. It didn't smell like the yummy shampoo or conditioner but like metal or something. Tonight my sister suggested washing it with tomato juice and beer and assured me this would take the green out. So once again Raelynn goes into the tub and I wash her hair with disgusting, cold tomato juice and rinse it with equally disgusting and cold beer. (No usually I do not think beer is disgusting, but pouring it over the head of my 4 year old was not appealing) Well even after this torture, her hair is still green. Raelynn and I have came to terms with it and I guess we will just have to let it grow out. Who would have known a few hours in the pool could alter her whole appearance!

Other than that excitement, we had the Gilbert Family Reunion which is on the Keefer side. It was a weekend event but we just joined them for lunch today. They are a super sweet group of people with many stories. It is crazy to hear how some of the families had 13 children. Can you only imagine? I truly cannot even wrap my mind around that. 13 Kids? That would be like heaven and hell all mixed together!
Anyway, it was a nice lunch and great people.

Cooper with Aunt Bonnie


0 comments: