CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

COOP CONTINUES TO EAT...RAELYNN CONTINUES TO GROW....

COOP HAS EATEN LIKE HALF A TAQUITA! That is the text message I got yesterday from daycare. I was so excited. I guess that Coop was wanting raisins so Kathryn told him he could have 1/2 a raisin if he ate a bite of the tequita and Coop thought it was a good bargain Before they knew it he was eating the taquita without any bribery. I was so excited! The funny part is I am reading these texts and getting so excited but I had no idea what a taquita was. I just knew it had to be some sort of actual food my son was consuming to generate so much excitement! (I did google it and now know what a taquita is) When I got the kids that night I asked Coop if he liked the tequita and he just grinned. I swear the boy knows exactly what he is doing and loves that he controls this little eating game!

Raelynn had her annual well check yesterday with Dr. Kelley. Our little premature baby is now in the 73% for height and 71% for weight. She is 41" tall and weighs 38lbs! She is growing up so much. She then saw the dermatologist today who was taking care of some issues on her skin and that is all healing up as well. After her appointment she just came back to the office with me. Although I know it would not work out to have her there all the time, I love her being there once in awhile. She is so good and just stays, for the most part, in our back office. She plays and watches movies and every once in awhile pops out to tell us she is on the phone or has a client in her office so we need to be quiet. It is so cute and to be able to get a little smooch from her in the middle of the day just makes everything a little brighter.

Tonight we had a meeting for the Cooper's Cause 5K committee. I am always amazed at the group of friends we have who are working so hard to make this a success. I look around and wonder how we got so lucky to have such great friends. Really I just don't know, if I could only explain how each of them are so selfless to work so hard at getting everything ready and organized and to give up their time when none of them have any time to give up to begin with. I always tell Terry I will never know how we will thank everyone for what they do. The 5K committee consists of all friends of ours from different circles most of who helped last year. There is one new member though that just heard our story last year and offered to help if we ever need it. She is so sweet and has a little boy of her own and another baby on the way. Once again I just sit and wonder what drew her to our story. She is a perfect fit for the group and has been a great asset in gaining sponsors. But aside from the foundation, we have met yet another wonderfully generous and kind person to add to our long list of those who have touched our lives. I know it sounds crazy but really I just can never get over what we have gained from Cooper's condition. However I must say the last few days, the reality of surgery is constantly on my mind. I found myself crying in the shower the other morning. I felt completely ridiculous. I just cannot think about surgery without thinking about how things went last time and how I am not sure I can endure that sequence of events again nor an outcome even worse than before. I know I shouldn't think about it and I know I should only think positive thoughts and that is what I pretend to be doing but I just can't shove the other thoughts away. I have told a few people before, when Coop was born and even at last years surgery I would pray that if God was going to take him to please just take him. Now I just pray if he is going to take him just give me as much time as possible before he does. I can't let him go now. He is this adorably cute little boy with a personality and laughter and a smile that makes you smile right back. He looks just like his Daddy and he is his sister's best buddy. He is ours now! .............I know, everything will be fine.

1 comments:

miles3_17 said...

God has great plans, and Cooper is one of them! Keep your head up as hard as it is. He'll do GREAT! We pray for you guys nightly! Thanks for letting us be a part of YOUR lives!