CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 10, 2009

NOTE TO SELF......

Note to self...."Always check oven for toys, bowls, spoons or other items before turning on."


This evening was nothing but laughs around our house. Raelynn has a huge imagination and we are constantly talking about her imaginary friends in their imaginary world. So when Raelynn says to me, "What are those yellow sparks in the oven?" I completely disregard by saying, "I don't know, firecrackers?" She says, "No Mom there are sparks in the oven." I briefly glance down in between trying to cook and constantly trying to remove Cooper from inside the cupboard or climbing the drawers to get up on the counter or from the refrigerator where he now has discovered he can pour his own drinks. I see nothing and just respond, "Honey I am trying to cook, give me just a second!" Then there was alarm in her voice that made me take note, "No Mom look there are yellow sparks in the oven!!!" I bent down and those sparks were flames and she wasn't joking. I guess a few days back when Raelynn asked me if she could bake imaginary cookies in the oven and I said yes, I should have made sure those imaginary cookies were taken out of the oven. Now all that remains is a real pile of plastic!

1 comments:

The Dukes said...

I am speechless over here...