CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 24, 2009

PRESCHOOL HAS BEGAN......

Hello Monday! Today Raelynn returned to preschool for one more year. She just had a staggered schedule today so we took Coop out to Gloria's this morning and then Raelynn came to the office with me until 10:30am. Then we were off to preschool from 10:30 to 11:30 then back out to Gloria's and then back to work. Preschool was great. Raelynn loves it and her new teacher seems wonderful. I also love it because the Moms are awesome. It is amazing how you make friends with the other Moms. We all laugh and talk and just catch up from over the summer. Most of the kids Raelynn went to school with last year are back this year so she was super excited. Of course I snapped pics all morning.... you just have to document these big days!
Smarty Pants Raelynn!

Raelynn and Mrs. L


What today also gave was a preview of the chaos I am going to be dealing with. See I have always used my lunch hour to do the 100 things that need to be done such as get groceries, run to walmart, pick up medicines, go to the bank, call doctors, schedule appointments, call health insurance to square away billing, run errands for the foundation, do my nails :), the list goes on and on. Now that Raelynn is in preschool, I pick her up every day and take her out to Gloria's and therefore no lunch hour for my errands. Last year Lisa would pick Raelynn up 3 days a week so I still had that time. I am just not sure when everything is going to get done. I suppose just like everything else, I will make it work but I am still wishing the days were longer and everyone was available to do business 24 hours a day, hahaha!

So our weekend was good. Steph left for Manhattan on Friday and we took her out to Paisano's which was delicious. The kids really miss her. Last night while Raelynn was in the bath she said she wished Steph was still here. It was so sweet. Saturday Raelynn had another horse show and placed 3rd and 4th which was again great. After that we headed home to clean the basement which was a horrible mess because I had not touched it since Steph moved in. With Raelynn's help we got that all finished. My daughter is becoming a better cleaner than I am and on Sunday she decided to reorganize her own room. She did really good and even vacuumed her floor and baseboards again. I love that girl! After she was done with her room she moved on to Cooper's. Coop wanted to vacuum too but Raelynn wouldn't let him. Won't it be great if they both stay like this! After cleaning the basement we headed to the park. We went to a park about 1 1/2 miles from the house. Raelynn took her scooter and I pushed Coop in this car thing he has. Raelynn lasted quite a ways but by the time we got there I was pushing both the kids in the car and carrying the scooter. After that I called Terry to pick us up and luckily he was on his way home so he did. We did not make our goal of visiting every park in Lawrence so we will have to pick up where we left off next year.

Sunday I helped with Sunday school and then home to do some other odd things around the house. It seems like there is always things to do. I keep waiting for a time when there is nothing but I don't think that will happen.

Today I did talk with Jill, Dr. Kelley's nurse, about Cooper and his eating. Dr. Kelley does not feel like we can jeopardize Coop's weight by cutting back on the fortified milk he drinks. Therefore, we are not adjusting the amount he drinks but will just continue to present foods to him at every meal just as we have been doing. We are continuing to cut his milk overnight though in hopes that he will be hungry and eat something solid in the mornings. He has been doing pretty well with this. He eats cereal and graham crackers every morning. Anyway, I am perfectly fine with this. I too believe his size is much more important than if he eats a hamburger. I also assume that at some point he will decide food is not all bad.

So off to a little more work before bed and then start it all over again. Even though things are crazy, the things the kids do daily make it all worth it and keep us easily entertained. I cannot image life any other way than it is right now.

1 comments:

Nana Jan said...

Enjoy these times as they fly by and the kids will be off to college and then you will be lonely. I miss those years but now I have Emma to fill in during the week and I love it!!! Oh by the way Wal-Mart is open 24hrs a day, but then you probably already know that.