CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

EXCITING STUFF.....

Today was a day of so much excitement. A few weeks ago Lisa told me she needed this afternoon off to go to the eye doctor. Of course since Sherri moved I have not taken time to find a back up in case Lisa needed a day off. It was mostly because I had no idea where to start nor did I really want to think about leaving the kids somewhere I was not familiar with. But it was now time I had to figure something out. I called Kelly because I really had no idea where to start. She said she would call her daycare provider, Mary Beth, and see if she would be able to. Kelly always spoke highly of her and our neighbors also take their son there. I called her the next day and she was more than happy to take the kids. She had actually participated in the Cooper's Cause 5K/Fun Run so she already knew about Cooper's situation and it did not seem to bother her at all. So today I picked the kids up from Lisa's and took them to Mary Beth's. I was pretty nervous because it is just scary to leave your precious kids with someone you know little about. My nerves were quickly calmed. Mary Beth was a wonderful upbeat lady with a perfectly beautiful house and was truly excited we were there. Her Mom, Karen, is there as well helping with the daycare. Come to find out Terry knows her husband and her son was the perfect little gentleman that had come up and introduced himself to Cooper and I at the 5K. His name is Cooper too. Tonight when I picked the kids up, Raelynn didn't even want to leave. There were other kids there she loved to play with and of course Cayman was there, our neighbor, who she truly adores. I was so relieved, excited and grateful that things went so well. Mary Beth was wonderful and offered to be my back up when needed. It all made me feel so good and again grateful for the wonderful people that continue to show up in our lives.

The other wonderful thing that happened today was a thoughtful offer from my friend Jenny. Jenny works in an office right behind ours. We have really gotten to know each other over the past few years with the kids and work and life in general. She has been very supportive and helped with the various fund raisers for Cooper. Recently she started her own business of making and selling jewelry. Today she stopped by the office to show me a wonderfully simple but quaint silver bracelet with a red heart dangle. She had made the bracelet especially for Cooper's Cause and wanted to donate $5 of every sale to Cooper's Cause Foundation. Once again I am amazed by people's kindness and thoughtfulness. She is a great Mom of two, working full time and trying to start up her own business but yet still has time to think about our dream, Cooper's Cause Foundation. Of course I graciously accepted. Her website is http://www.geminigemssite.com/. Click on Product List and at the bottom of the first page you will see Heart/Cooper's Cause. To even be sweeter, she had made me the bracelet as a gift. Thank you Jenny, you really touched me today with your generosity. So please check out her website, not only for Cooper's Cause, but also for great gift ideas for Christmas! I have also added her link to the side of my blog in case you want to come back and visit it later!

0 comments: