CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

DOCTOR UPDATES.....

Today we took Cooper to CMH to visit his cardiologist, Dr. Kaine. Cooper's SAT Level was 86 which was pretty good for him and his blood pressure was 86/58, again good for Cooper. Dr. Kaine was very pleased with the way he looked and gave us permission to push the feeding issue as needed because his heart was stable. He also told us that they would hold off doing the Cardiac Catheter until next spring at which time the would do the cath and schedule for his next surgery. I am thrilled we will not be having surgery until next spring!!! Dr. Kaine was ok with what was going on feeding wise but felt we would probably start needing to give him vitamin supplements such as Iron. Cooper needs iron to make his red blood cells which he is low on to begin with. Overall the appointment was very good and reassuring.



After work Raelynn and I had eye doctor appointments. Raelynn's eyes were perfect of course. Nothing is never wrong with that girl....thank goodness!!! However, I cannot say the same for Cooper and I. She was very concerned with my eyes. My contacts were horrible coated with stuff and I had only had them for a month. She expected to find an infection in my eyes but didn't. She was very bothered by the amount of irritation and said that it may be severe allergies and lack of sleep. In which case she recommended I try getting more sleep. Yeah right!!! I have no additional hours in my day to tack on for sleep. I had to go to Walmart at 4am this morning just because of no other time to go and here I set updating the blog at midnight. Nothing would get done if I slept!!! Anyway, she gave me some allergy eye drops and I am not allowed to were my contacts until Monday. I despise wearing glasses! So if you want a good laugh find me between now and Monday! Then I have to go see her on the 10th to see if they are any better. Cooper was with us of course so she looked at him too. Big surprise, he has issues. For any of you who don't know, I have severe eye issues when I was born; lazy eye, crossed eye, severe nearsighted in one and far sighted in another. I had surgery on my eyes when I was three. The condition I had is very hereditary so I have been concerned with both of the kids. So Dr. Green examined him and feels he has a wandering left eye and may have some serious problems. So we have to follow up with her in December. Poor Coop, if it isn't one thing it is another! By the way, please note that it is not wise to take a 3 yr old and 10 month old to a doctor's appointment. Cooper pooped, Raelynn spilt her bowl of chex mix, they both got bored a d were all over the place and I was stressing out about my eye issues and Cooper's and thinking I would never be allowed back in there. The good news is they did let me schedule our follow up appoints, this time without both kids!!!

0 comments: