CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

GREAT BIRTHDAY WEEKEND....

The weekends seem to go by so fast. Friday was my birthday and Steph came up from Manhattan. When I got home, Raelynn and Steph had baked me a birthday cake and I had lots of wonderful gifts waiting. We headed to Raelynn's swimming lessons and then met Lisa at On The Border. We had a great dinner and then went home to get the kids ready for bed. Terry was reffing a football game so it was great to have Steph there to spend the evening with. I got a massage from both Terry and Lisa and I cannot even tell you how much I look forward to them! These days there is little time for relaxing so the thought of having a few hours all to myself, resting and getting a fabulous massage is pretty much the best thing I can think of. Saturday morning we went out shopping and picking up a few things we needed. I stumbled upon some wonderful bargains which never happens to me so I was pretty happy. We had a wedding late Saturday afternoon and after that came home to cook Steph a home cooked meal. Now that she is in college, eating out is not near as fun for her. We had fun doing that and drank a little wine while we cooked which always makes cooking so much more enjoyable. Today it was off to church and then over to Jill's for Taylor's 2nd Birthday. Raelynn had a great time despite the wind and cold. So needless to say, it was another busy weekend. Cooper has gotten a cough and has never really seemed to get over his cold. We see Dr. Kelley in the morning but I am doubtful we will have the MRI on Tuesday. I can't say I would be disappointed but I am ready to get it over with. It seems that each time it is rescheduled it just extends the time I have to worry about it.

Tonight after 2 long days and no naps, as I put Raelynn to bed she asked if I would lay and snuggle after we had read her story. As if anyone could turn that down, I crawled under the covers to snuggle for a few minutes. Raelynn and I lay there talking and giggling and she turned to me and gave me a sweet kiss and told me she loved me. After awhile I left her room and went out to cuddle with Cooper before he went to sleep too. He has started kissing and as I held him him he lifted his head and gave me a great big slobbery kiss. Afterwards he smiled and giggled. Their kisses are so different and are given in such different expressions but they both make long days full of frustrations magically disappear and remind me how amazing it is to be a mother, their mother.

0 comments: