CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 20, 2008

I NEVER KNOW WHAT IS NEXT....

Friday morning I went with Raelynn on her field trip to the pumpkin patch with her preschool. I think it would have been fun but it decided to rain, I mean down pour! We got caught in this little out building and it would not stop raining. I actually called Terry to come and get us from the building and take us to the car. He was sweet enough to do it but it let up just a little so we made a run for it. Unfortunately it didn't let up enough because Raelynn and I were soaked and muddy. We headed home afterwards to dry off, clean up and then I headed back to work and Raelynn to Lisa's. Raelynn was not overjoyed with the day :) ! The good part was this cute picture I captured of Raelynn with her classmate Jackson. I really like Jackson's Mom, she is a sweetie and Jackson is such a cutie!!!


Friday night I actually decided to take both kids to Late Night without Terry. (He was reffing football) I was pretty sure I had lost my mind and was crazy but things couldn't have gone better! Raelynn had her swimming lesson at 5:45pm so there was no way I would get there early. A friend of ours, Julie, was nice enough to offer to save us seats though. So we headed up right after her swimming lesson. We were all dressed in our KU attire, Cooper included. We parked 3000 miles away (small exaggeration) and I managed to carry both kids, the diaper bag and a bag full of canned goods the whole 3000 miles. It actually wasn't that bad. Raelynn did great and did walk with only a little complaining. Once there we had a great time! We found Julie and she had the perfect spot. She took Raelynn right into her arms and entertained her the whole night while I held Cooper. We had such a good time and Late Night itself was fantastic this year. I was very happy I had gotten earplugs for Coop because it got crazy loud!!! Raelynn and Cooper were so good and had so much fun. They both were entertained the entire night. We left just a little early to avoid the crowds. The kids were more than happy to get to bed when we got home. One of the noisiest times of the evening was when they unveiled the Championship Banner. It was amazing!

Saturday was my "get stuff done" day and I am happy to announce that all Thank Yous for Cooper's Cause Events are done!!! I had no idea how many thank yous I would write in the past few months. It was all worth it. Me writing a few hundred thank yous is the least I can do for all the support we have received. We are truly blessed to live in this community and have the family and friends we do. We will be forever grateful! Also on Saturday Cooper got his first real bruise. The boy will not hold still these days and was trying to stand up against some drawers in the kitchen. The drawer closed and there fell Cooper. He got a small bruise under his right eye but you would have thought he cracked his head open the way he cried. I think it hurt his pride more than it caused any physical harm. He is getting very proud of his accomplishments and equally upset with his struggles.

Tonight has been an up and down evening. First the sad news, the bathroom that is so cutely decorated that I have moved the kids into but kept so perfectly decorated now is starting to look like a used daily bathroom. I had to move some of my decorations from the counter to make way for Raelynn's new rechargeable toothbrush. I was so sad to take the cute decorations downstairs to be stored with the other cute decorations there is no longer room for. The good news is Cooper has decided to eat. Yes, just that quickly he decided food is not such a bad thing. When we first got home he and Raelynn had a sucker. He ate it like a pro. Then while we had dinner Cooper ate an entire jar of sweet potato baby food. Stacy at Tiny K had recommended we put the whey protein or vegetable oil in the food to add calories and that is just what I did. He ate the whole thing down then proceeded to drink another 3.5 oz of milk. I am going to start feeding him 3 meals a day. Can you even imagine if he starts eating like a normal baby and starts gaining weight? I feel like this will be a huge step forward. It has been over 5 1/2 months since Cooper has ate "normal". I am so excited. I am not overly excited with the added laundry but will happily clean up any mess!

I got a call from Steph today and she is coming up for the weekend!!! Yeah!!! She will be here for my birthday and I am so excited. We have no plans but it will be nice to have her here!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cooper is turning into a "regular" little boy and he's eating!!! yeah...It sounds like you had a great time at late night the Burns and us watched a little on Saturday of all the late night games but missed the raising of the banner we we're anxious to get outside and do more chores, hehe...