CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

TODAY I WORE MY GLASSES.....

There are only about 2 reasons I ever wear my glasses in public. The first is if there is something wrong with my contacts or they have caused some kind of eye irritation. The other is if I know I will be crying......a lot.......

Today was a big day and a day I had not been looking forward to. We headed to CMH about 12:30pm for Cooper's MRI. Terry and I drove separate in case Cooper did have to stay, Terry could head back to get Raelynn. I cried the whole way over there. Not the gushing with tears kind of cry but that kind where your eyes just keep filling up with tears and sometimes one flows over and down your face. I could not stop thinking about our other procedures and how things went and how I just wished we could jump ahead 8 hours and see how this time would end. As hard as I tried my mind would not stop racing. Then it occurred to me that I had been so concerned about the procedure I had not even once considered the "what if the MRI did show something". I quickly stopped myself from going there. We were just a few miles away from CMH when I decided it was time to get myself together. I patted on some powder, refreshed the mascara and slapped on some lipstick and plastered a smile on my face. My "game face" was on. I was ready to go in there, smile politely, fill out the forms, answer their questions, play with Cooper along with Terry and pretend everything was just fine, something I am getting quite good at. We got checked in and Cooper was off playing with the many new toys he loves so much.

It didn't take long for us t0 get to the back and start the preparations. At first they were concerned about his cough but after talking with the doctors they decided to proceed. After about 2 hours of check in and prep work, the anesthesiologist was ready to come in, Dr. Daniels. I could not have been happier. He has been the anesthesiologist on 2 other procedures Cooper has had and we really like and trust him. He came in and gave us the run down and answered a few of our questions. Finally it was time to take Coop down the hall and do the hand off. I dread the hand off. It is the time when Terry and I have gone as far as they will let us go with Cooper and it is time to hand him over to the nurse and just hope and pray to God all goes as planned. To my surprise I did not cry. I felt extremely calm and ok with everything. Terry and I went to the waiting room and began to catch up on the newspaper and our magazines. 30 to 40 short minutes later they called us back. As we walked into the room, there lay Cooper, wide awake with no oxygen tubes or anything, just the little IV he had when we left him.

They were checking his Stats and he looked great. His SAT level was actually at 86, higher than it had been a few weeks ago. His breathing was good and Dr. Daniels told us there was no reason not to send us home. They pulled the IV, gave Cooper something to drink and we were outta there. It was great. Terry and I just kept hugging and kissing him. We picked Raelynn up from Lisa's and came home, together! It was perfect! I will call the cardiologists on Thursday to get the results of the MRI but they left us with the impression that had there been anything of importance they would have told us today. Everything went perfect, just as planned, for the first time ever! WAY TO GO COOP!

4 comments:

Huber Family said...

Oh my gosh, that is such wonderful news!!! I checked your blog last night when I was working and didn't see a post yet, so I was really worried about your little man and you. I cannot imagine the fear you felt on the drive over, but I applaud you and Terry for being strong for Cooper and him for being strong for you! Thank you for the update we'll continue to pray that you also get positive results from the MRI = )

Anonymous said...

Yesterday I prayed to God for strength today I praise God for his gift. Each little trial we go through I know makes us stronger. Way to go guys, I am very proud of you all.

Love Mom

miles3_17 said...

Congrats to Coop and to you guys too. I'll continue to keep you in our prayers and hope the MRI results show only positive outcomes. Hang in there!!

Anonymous said...

This is great news. I would be lying if I said Cooper wasn't on my mind all day yesterday. I am so glad things went well.

~cassie