CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 29, 2008

GOODBYE JEAN....




Today we said our finally goodbyes to Jean. It was an incredibly hard day. It makes the word "Goodbye" take on a whole new meaning. Tonight as I put Raelynn to bed and she said her prayers she also spoke to Nanni. When she was done she asked me what I was going to say to Nanni tonight. At the time I was a little taken by the question and just said I would tell her I love her but there is so much more I would say and I cannot think of a better place to say it than in this blog......she loved reading the blog.

Nanni~
I hope you thought everything was beautiful today. I know you think we all made too much of a fuss over you but remember we needed this to help us be ok with all of this. I hope you felt honored and respected. I hope you know when we cried we cried because we know you are in a wonderful place but we are going to miss you here. I hope you know how sad it makes me to know that Raelynn and Cooper are going to struggle remembering you as they get older but I also hope you know we will never let them forget either. I will always tell them how you reminded me how to be respectful and kind. I will tell them how you would get so mad at me when I would send you cards because you thought it was a waste of money, but I knew deep down you loved getting them. I will tell them how you were always there with a helping hand when we needed it even though we never asked. I will remind Raelynn how much she loved Nanni muffins and how you would bring them to us all the time and we would get soooo excited. When my family was coming to visit they would even ask if we had any Nanni Muffins, they were famous muffins. I will remind Cooper how you would pray for him every night. You would pray that his little heart would be fixed or that he would start to eat or that he would just be watched after. Now I know you are watching out for him and I take comfort in that. I want you to know that Terry is missing you. He may not always show it but I am learning that what he shows on the outside is only a small part of what is going on in the inside. Please know I will always be here with him and together we will continue to carry on your memory and honor and respect you in everything we do. You have a wonderful family and they are all missing you very much. We love you and we miss you! We will all need you from time to time so please stay close.

So after a long hard day this is what I would like to tell her. The service was very nice and I was proud of Steph as she sang Amazing Grace beautifully. My Mom and Sherri helped have a great lunch ready after the graveside service. They worked so hard on Sunday getting everything together. This is what family does and it so great that both Terry and I are blessed with fantastic families. As I have said a thousand times over this past year, we are so fortunate for what we have and as life continues to throw us challenges in our journey we will continue to face each one knowing we have been given everything we need to get through them.

2 comments:

The Wiley Clan said...

Kristi,

What a very dear tribute to Jean! You know doubt put a big smile on her face with such heartfelt words. :)

May God bless Jean with great eternal peace and happiness!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!