CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 15, 2008

REALLY???......

Where do I start....
We did make it to the zoo yesterday and it was fantastic. Terry, Uncle Gary, Aunt Steph, Raelynn, Cooper and I all headed down to Wichita to go to the zoo. Terry's niece, Cassie, lives there now and her boyfriend works in the reptile exhibit at the zoo. He took us "behind the scenes" and we got to see so many reptiles and even touch them. You would not believe who was all into touching the snakes....COOPER! It was so creepy watching him touch this huge snake but it was so fun. I have so many pictures to share but unfortunately have not been able to download them yet due to technical issues. As soon as I do I will post them though. The day was great and as always it was fun to have Steph and Gary go with us. We hadn't seen Cassie for a little while and she is always great to be with. Her boyfriend Scott is a very quiet guy but during our tour he wouldn't stop talking. It was wonderful to see a side of him we usually don't get to see. Raelynn wasn't a big fan of the reptiles but the crazy chimpanzees and apes were very exciting to her. We saw more animals up close there then I ever had anywhere else. It was really a great day for us all.

Last night after we returned from the zoo we had a message from Stacy, the nutritionist with Tiny K. She had read the blog and wanted to go over a few things before we met with Dr. Kelley this morning. I think this says a lot for the program, on a Sunday, she was reading the blog and calling to make sure we were taken care of. She had read that I was ready for the G Tube but she thought we needed to take a few more steps before giving in. We appreciated her call so much. So this morning I headed to Dr. Kelley's office on a mission. I wanted him to allow us to pull the tube completely for a few days. When Cooper truly gets hungry he seems to drink well but feeding him at night keeps him from getting really hungry. Dr. Kelley was his unusual fantastic self. He approved our plan, which I think is what he had in mind for some time but needed me to be mentally ready for it. I had been hanging on the the NG Tube because I didn't want Cooper to have surgery. Once we make this commitment to try it is a fail or succeed deal. He either eats or he doesn't. If he does, yeah, if he doesn't it is time for the G Tube. So tomorrow will begin the test. Cooper should be fairly hungry by tomorrow and I am just praying that he will drink. He has to drink at least 20oz a day. We will go back to Dr. Kelley's on Friday to re-evaluate. Also, Cooper has another ear infection so yet another medication to take. He also had lost an ounce today from our last visit. We are hoping that he does not loose too much during this time but most importantly he cannot dehydrate. This week is a huge week for Cooper!

I have a new addition to the blog. Please go to the bottom and check out the map. Thanks Taylor!!! This map shows where people are viewing the blog. Isn't that so cool?!!!

This Saturday is Cooper's Cause 5K/Fun Run. I am so excited for it. We are getting a little media coverage on this one as well. There will be a short clip about Cooper's Cause on KSNT during the 5pm news this Thursday the 18th. Once again, please cross your fingers that I will not make a fool out of myself. I always have so much to say and just hope I can get the main points out in their allotted time. Anyway, thank you Isaac for getting this one set up.

So here it is already 11:30pm and now it is time to start working on Cooper's Cause Foundation. I thank God daily for the things he has blessed me with but I think this week caffeine will top my list of things to thank him for :)

0 comments: