CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

DAY 1....

I am calling this Day 1 because this is the first full 24hours Coop has had without the feeding tube. To give you a little idea of where Coop needs to be to maintain himself and keep from dehydrating, the nutritionist has said Cooper has to take in 16.5 oz and our pediatrician says 20 oz. On Day 1 we ended the day at 9 pm and Cooper had taken 15.5 oz. I know it is not quite where we want him to be but for Day 1 and for not hardly drinking squat before, I am pleased. He also took 2 bites of yogurt from Lisa which was also encouraging. Tomorrow will be another big day because we will be able to tell if he is going to keep progressing. Tonight he even drank about an oz from the bottle, he sucked on the nipple and all. He was so tired and it was so cute to see him dozing off while sucking on a bottle. This is something I have not seen for about 7 months. My eyes watered but I was proud of myself that I did not cry.

I was able to figure out my picture issues so enjoy the fun we had at the zoo!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting that cooper is drinking some now maybe he will get hugery for once and eat lot for you....:)Well my fingers are crossed and ill pray for the best lots of love
Aunt Karli