CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

A WONDERFUL GOLF TOURNEY....

Friday was the 1st Annual Cooper's Cause Golf Tournament and to say it was a success would be an understatement. The day was beautiful. We all four headed out to the course a little after 7am. The turn out was fabulous. Tom had made a little memorial to Jean and had a moment of silence to start things off. That was very touching and I thought quite thoughtful. I left the little speech up to Terry this time and I have to admit I was a little nervous. I have never heard him publicly speak and he always leaves that up to me. I thought this tournament was more of his thing and what his friends had done for us and it was only appropriate for him to speak. I was so proud! He did a fantastic heartfelt thank you to everyone. It was an emotional day for us with Jean passing and just the support of everyone there. Throughout the morning Terry and I just went from hole to hole stopping to talk to the teams and thank them for their participation. Everyone was so incredibly kind and they all made a little fuss over Cooper which any mother loves. I was quite taken once again with every one's generosity and genuine kindness. Raelynn had a great time as well. She actually sank a pretty long put and ate junk all day long. What more could she ask for? The day was perfect for Terry. He was at the one place he loves to be surrounded by his family and friends. I know the day meant the world to him.

There has been so many immediate things to talk about I have forgotten to mention that Cooper has his first tooth. It is just this tiny cute little thing. He is drinking more and more and the Whey Protein we are putting in the regular milk is working like a charm. He is just doing so great. Terry even said tonight how he really never thought we would see this smiling, energetic, playful little boy and now we do every day. He is still not really eating but everyday seems to put more things in his mouth and I am hopeful that he will actually start eating soon.

Tomorrow is the visitation. I am not sure how that will go. It has been a couple nights now since we have all been together. It just seems you push the sadness to the back of your heart but when we are all there together I know the sadness will come flowing back. I do look forward to seeing everyone again though, it is also somewhat comforting when we are all together.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friday was a wonderful day but so deserving for a special family. I'm sure Jean was smiling and happy to see you have so many people who love you. I know the next couple of days (and months) will be very hard, so remember to lean on your friends for support. We love you--Don & Cathy