CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

I AM READY FOR THE G TUBE....

Oh Wow, there is so much going on.....I operate best under pressure and when I am busy but I do have limits :) Last week we met with our accountant regarding the foundation. He was fantastic! I was in such good spirits after meeting with him and it seems that he is eager to help us and will be a huge asset in establishing the foundation. There is so much work to be done this week. I have set a deadline of Saturday the 20th to have all the paperwork back to our attorney. I am sure this week will call for some "all nighters" but I will just remember back a few months ago when "all nighters" were the norm around here. That should keep me going and keep my complaining to a minimum! Anyway, every day I get a little more excited about Cooper's Cause Foundation. I really cannot tell you how big this is going to be. We are going to make a huge impact on some people's lives just as Cooper and our friends and family have in ours. This dream we have is getting closer and closer to becoming a reality every day. I have never been a part of something this big or meaningful and I am amazed how it is all falling into place.

Cooper's eating is not going well at all. We have been pulling the tube every morning and putting it back in around 8:30 every night. I am getting to the point that putting it back in makes me literally sick to my stomach. Cooper knows when we are going to do it and he freaks out. It breaks my heart!!! He is drinking pretty well but shows no interest in eating. I am ready for the G Tube. I cannot continue to watch the difference in him from when the NG Tube is in and when it is out, nor can I continue to put it in daily. I don't know when Cooper will learn to eat but I finally feel it is time for the G Tube. We see Dr. Kelley on Monday and I will talk to him then. I want it done on Oct. 17th when Cooper goes in for his MRI. I don't know if they can make it happen but that is what I want. I also want everyone to pray for little Cooper. Surgeries have not went so well for Cooper. Even the routine Cardiac Catheter did not go so well. I am terrified to have him back into surgery and I cry even thinking about it. I wonder how I will do if we do have the surgery on the 17th. I wish I could tell you that I will be strong for Cooper but I am crying just writing about it. I am not sure how I am going to get myself together but once they give me a date I will figure it out. I know we aren't going in for anything complicated like heart surgery but no matter how much I tell myself that it just doesn't seem to help. Anyway, I will figure out how to deal with myself so that I can be there for Cooper just like a strong Mommy should. I won't let him down.

Today we celebrated our good friend Donovan's 3rd Birthday! Raelynn had a great time. I love to see her interact with the other kids. There were twins there also that were very close to Cooper's age. He actually sat and played with them for a short while. I don't think he knew what to think about people his age. It was cute to watch. It was a fun day and a great party!

Sometimes I think about how much the kids have changed my life but for any of you who know me you will realize just how much I have changed. Cooper's scrapbook has not been updated this month. I updated both of the kid's books every month and today is the 13th, and Coop's is still not done. I have not cleaned my house yet this week. Poho has not yet had a bath this week. I have hours of paperwork to do for Cooper's Cause Foundation. I have a few bills to pay. I need to update Cooper's Cause Website. I am a month behind on my Parent's Magazine. And yet, with all of that undone, I am headed to Wichita tomorrow to spend the day with my family at the zoo. Now you see why I am sure next week will call for some "all nighters". I cannot stand it when there is anything left undone. Yet, I am so excited about tomorrow and I know I will get everything else done while the kids sleep next week. Gary and Steph are going with us to the zoo also. I am looking forward to seeing Steph and love that she is close enough to do stuff with us. I am sure tomorrow will be a blast!!!

1 comments:

Taylor said...

I just want you to know that I'm still reading and praying for your family! I added a link to the Cooper's Cause website to my blog! It is on the side and is sure to be seen by lots of people! If you scroll to the bottom of my page and look at my map, you can see who is looking at my blog. My prayer is that either a family that can relate will find your site, or that many will donate to the cause! God is using you!