CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

WHO WOULD HAVE EVER KNOWN YOU COULD BE SO EXCITED ABOUT A DENTIST VISIT....

There is no doubt I love being a Mom and think my kids are amazing but I am sure after reading this blog you will all think I have truly got to get out more, but these "firsts" are just so exciting!



Today Raelynn visited the dentist for the first time. We went to Growing Smiles, Kelli Henderson. This is a pediatric dentist and had come recommended. It was fantastic. From the second we walked in to the second we walked out Raelynn had so much fun. The place is of course designed for little people but the staff has it all figured out. There was no waiting at all, little people don't like to wait. They explained every instrument and ever little thing they were going to do to Raelynn. They talked to her at her level perfectly and constantly had her interacting with them. It was so darn cute I could not help but start taking pictures. I am sure they thought I was crazy but they didn't let on. :) Raelynn was a perfect patient. She had x-rays taken, her teeth cleaned and polished, a fluoride treatment and a whole bag of goodies. The place was incredible! I highly recommend them and they have us for life.

I thought that would be the highlight of my day until I received a call from Jill at Dr. Kelley's office. I had called earlier in the day to just discuss what had happened on Saturday with his eating. Once we put the tube back he had no interest in drinking and he again was throwing up quite a bit. Well we are making some big changes starting tomorrow morning. As per Dr. Kelley, we are pulling Cooper's feeding tube every morning and leaving it out ALL DAY!!!! We will put it back in for his over night feeding so he will still get some feeding. We will do this from tomorrow morning through Monday at which point we will go in to visit Dr. Kelley. They will do a weight check and make sure he is doing ok. We will reevaluate then and decide our next step. If this doesn't work I think I am ready for the G Tube. I think my fear of the surgery for the G Tube needs to be set aside so that Cooper can progress. After seeing how well he does without the NG Tube I realized what a difference it would make if he did not have that in his nose and down his throat. Anyway, we will address that on Monday after we see what happens over the next 5 days. I am so excited to try this and just wish I could be home with him to push him along. I know Lisa will do everything that needs to be done to make this little trial as successful as possible but I still wish it could be me. Anyway, the important thing is for the next 5 days, every day, all day, we get to look at and kiss and love all over Coop's entire face. His adorable face will be fully available for constant kisses. Raelynn is just as excited as Terry and I. At dinner tonight she was talking to Cooper and telling him if he does good during the day then maybe Dr. Kelley would let him sleep without it too. It was so cute.

So please cross your fingers, pray, wish on a falling star, whatever you can think of that Cooper will show an interest again in drinking and maybe even a little eating!!!!

1 comments:

Huber Family said...

How exciting! We'll pray that he eats and drinks everything in sight - well, within reason anyway =) I know it would be such a blessing for you all if you didn't have to mess with anymore tubes. Best of luck!

The Hubers