CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

ANOTHER BIG SUCCESS!!!

Saturday was the Cooper's Cause 5K Fun Run and what a huge success. I believe we had 147 people which for the first year of a 5K that is fabulous! Everyone worked so hard and just as the Henry T's fundraiser, we were so touched by everything that happened. There was a man who was just driving by that opened his wallet and handed one of the volunteers the last $4 in his wallet. Anyone who doesn't believe there are very good people in this world and a lot of them really needs to talk to us. I always have a hard time keeping myself together at these events because you cannot even imagine how it feels to stand before a group of people who have only your best interest at heart and are there just to help us. There was a lady that as she crossed the finish line asked exactly how far is a 5K. I told her and she said I have never ran before. The stories go on and on. The day was perfect and the run was great. Another huge success!!! Even little Cooper walked across the finish line, with a little help from Daddy. I have sent the pictures over to be downloaded to the website so you will have to go check them out in the next day or so, www.cooperscause.com. For all of you that participated in the event in any manner.....THANK YOU!

Cooper saw Dr. Kelley on Friday and he had lost an ounce. He is borderline in regards to staying off the feeding tube but so far he is still off of it. Even with the crazy weekend we had he maintained 20 to 25 oz per day. Today he chewed crazily on a pretzel and even ate some. He also drank some fruit juice and a few bites of a milk shake. He needs to start drinking or eating more though so he does not have the weight loss. He could not continue to loose for very long. He will drink constantly if it is offered to him so I truly believe it will be entirely up to Lisa and I to make sure he gets enough just by constantly offering drinks to him.

The weekend was great. My family was all in town and therefore we kept very busy. Steph decided to get a tattoo so Saturday night I went with her to do that. It is very cute and in a place that can be hidden so I don't think she will ever regret doing it. It seems to be a family tradition once in college :) Anyway, it was a great weekend but I am truly exhausted and have to get some sleep because I do not see that next week is going to be any slower or the nights any longer. I am still trying to complete forms and paperwork for Cooper's Cause Foundation. I had a goal to be done on Saturday but with some things still pending was not able to complete everything. I sure hope it gets done this week. I need some normal nights of sleep back.

0 comments: