CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A WEEK FULL OF SHOCK AND SADNESS....

Yesterday Terry's mother, Jean, passed away. Our Nanni, gone forever. They believe she had a blood clot that caused a massive heart attack. She did not suffer and for that we are all so very thankful but she is very missed. I have not been through this before. It is amazing the many decisions that need to be made and the amount of things that flood your mind that will need to be done over the next few months. Jean was a very simple, firm, private, outspoken, simply wonderful lady. She had her opinion and did not force them on you but was not scared to let you know them. I loved her so much! She was wonderful to me from the very day I met her. I want to do everything I can to help Bill and the rest of the family have time to grieve. Popo (Bill) is taking it very hard. It is incredibly hard to watch him cry as he speaks of her. I cannot imagine the emptiness he feels right now. This has been a new experience for Raelynn also and she is handling it very well. We talk about it a lot and she tells everyone what is going on. She never fails to mention either how much she misses Nanni, it is heart winching. I could tell you story after story of things Raelynn has said and done that has made Terry and I cry, laugh and beam with pride. She is once again amazing me and making me so proud of her ability to handle life.



There are so many things going on this week as well and I will elaborate more later. I am more exhausted now than I have been for weeks and so I am trying to keep it short. We did see Dr. Kelley again this morning and Cooper had lost another ounce. Dr. Kelley is giving us another week and I got some natural flavored Whey Protein this afternoon to put in Cooper's milk to try to get him extra calories. He has been drinking it down all night so I am hopeful this will help.



The Cooper's Cause Golf Tournament is Friday. I think it is going to be a wonderful turn out and we are so excited!

4 comments:

Huber Family said...

Our condolences on your loss. It is never easy when someone dear to you passes. The best honor you can give her is to celebrate the life she led. Our prayers are with you.

Daberath said...

I know we do not know each other, but I came across your blog and have been following Cooper's progress since sometime this summer when something was mentioned about Copper on Granton Bayless's blog. Please know I am praying for your family during this difficult time. It sounds like she was a wonderful lady. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

The Wiley Clan said...

We are very saddened by your loss! You are all in our thoughts and prayers! Jean was a wonderful woman with a lot of "pep!" She'll be greatly missed!

Jana, Isaac and Emma

Anonymous said...

Our hearts go out to you during this time when you're trying to find the sense of it all. We're sending prayers that you will soon be able to think of her, not with tears but with smiles. In the meantime, you NEED the tears to help you through. All our love and heartfelt condolences, Cathy & Don