CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 23, 2009

AS PROMISED, FIRST RIDE VIDEO....

So I am finally back up and running on the Internet. Now I have a lot of catching up to do. As promised here is a little glimpse of Raelynn's first riding lesson. If you scroll to the bottom of the blog and mute the music you will be able to hear Raelynn giving Charm commands.

And Cooper and the tractor.
This evening was an experience. Right after work I headed down to my friends nail salon as she was going to do my nails. It was a spontaneous appointment so of course I had not made any arrangements for the kids and so they were going to go with me. I am usually the only one there anyway so I did not expect it to be a problem. How many times have I been reminded to expect the unexpected and yet still I had the nerve to think this "was not going to be a problem". We walk in and the place is packed. People everywhere. I sit Raelynn and Cooper down and ask Raelynn to please be good and watch her brother and then hand her the snack of all snacks, M & M's. They were set, no worries. Think again. Raelynn quickly strikes up a conversation with the elderly lady who is just trying to browse a magazine. "Are you getting your nails done? Did you pick a color? I might get my nails done if I am good." The interrogation from my 3 year has began. Of course, just being polite the lady holds a conversation with her. Then Raelynn introduces herself and Cooper and me. I smile politely. After that things just got crazy. Raelynn and Cooper begin making the rounds from one person to another checking out their toes and nails. Then Raelynn hollers across the salon, "Mom I think Coop pooped!" Great, my son's poop smells horrible. I ask Raelynn if she is sure. She runs up to Coop presses her nose against his pants and confirms that he definitely has pooped. It does not take long for the rest of us to be certain as well. I apologize to the group of women and assure them I will get his stinkiness out of there as soon as my nails dry. The next thing I know Coop begins to cough on his M&M and throws up in my purse! Let me tell you his puke does not smell much better than his poop. Unfortunately the puke is not neatly contained in a diaper but running down the inside of my purse. I could not have been happier to get out of there!!!

Tonight as I lay Raelynn down for bed, read a story and then got ready to say our prayers Raelynn decided she wanted to say a special prayer for Nanny. She does this pretty often so we said our special prayer. As we finished Raelynn says to me, "Popo is there all by himself." I said, "Popo is where?" She said at his house but that Aunt Carol is there with him. I said that Aunt Carol did go over to visit Popo every night but she did not live them. Raelynn in the most loving voice and sympathetic face says, "we have to find Popo another Nanny, one just like our Nanny to be with him." Tears swelled in both our eyes and I told her there is only one Nanny and she is always with Popo and all of us in our hearts. Raelynn agreed and ended the conversation letting me know we needed to visit Popo soon. From babies to loosing loved ones there is no subject left unturned at our house. Each conversation we have I watch Raelynn grow and wonder in amazement at the little person forming. I know if Raelynn and Cooper were books I would jump ahead to see how they turn out and then still be able to go back to Chapter 1 and read intently as the story develops. I would not leave any page unread.

4 comments:

Huber Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Huber Family said...

Glad you're back up and running = )
Raelynn's prayer story is so touching. What a sweetie!

Moms said...

I know it was terrible for you at the time, but OH MAN did I laugh really hard at that story. I was giggling a bit at the poop part, but when I read about the vomit purse I nearly lost it! I am sorry for your pain, but thank you for sharing.

Ahhhh....motherhood:)

Sounds like Mom needs a nice new purse to me!

Back to packing...

Moms said...

BTW, my laughter lead to karmic retribution only a few hours later. There was an incident involving diaper removal that I am not yet ready to speak of. I will clue you in when the trauma wears off so you can get your just rewards.

Shudder.