CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 30, 2009

THE JOY NEVER ENDS.......

Today when I picked Raelynn up from school we were talking about her day and so forth when she got very quiet. I didn't say anything for some time and then she asks if Ms. Hanf,her teacher, was married yet. You see her teacher left a week ago to get married and then returned this week to finish the school year with the kids. So I told Raelynn that yes she had gotten married. Raelynn asked if she had any kids yet. With a chuckle I said no. She asked why not and I said that they would have a baby when she and her husband decided too. And Raelynn responds, "her husband hasn't gotten the fertilizer to put on her eggs yet?" (Now if you are not following this please refer to my April 21st blog where I was forced to explain to my 3 year old daughter how the baby gets in the mommies' tummy.) I tried very hard not to laugh and just said "I guess not." Raelynn said, "maybe she should remind him and he should put it on his grocery list like we do when we don't want to forget to buy something." With that I lost it and in complete laughter I told her she should tell Ms. Hanf that! I tell 'ya there is never a conversation that I don't wonder where it will lead.

The kids have been at Mary Beth's a couple days this week and I guess Coop is a real hit. We were shopping last night and this lady says, "look there is Baby Cooper". I turn to look at them and she says her kids get so excited when they hear Cooper and Raelynn are going to be at Mary Beth's. It was so sweet and I have officially changed my identity from Kristi to Raelynn and Cooper's Mom. I love my new identity!

Tonight after Raelynn and I finished her bedtime story and prayer she asked if I would snuggle with her for a few minutes. Now unless you have never snuggled with a little person right before they drift off to sleep, you know it is impossible to say no. Raelynn and I have some of our best conversations during this time. Tonight was especially sweet. Her room was pitch dark and we could not even see each other as we lay face to face. It was thundering outside as she snuggled up close to me and said, "how was your day Mommy?" We exchanged some small talk and then she lightly blinked her eyelashes next to my cheek to give me a "butterfly kiss". We hadn't done that for months. We both started to giggle and I gave her a butterfly kiss back. After some more giggling Raelynn touches my face and says, "Mommy I love you." I told her I loved her back and she signed and snuggled closer. Oh if I could only bottle that up. I lay there for a few more seconds and then told her it was time for me to go read Coop a story and for her to go to sleep. She said ok and thanked me for laying with her tonight. I so wish I knew what was going on in that head of hers but for now I will cherish the little glimpses she gives me in her eyes. I love what my kids give me. I love what my kids teach me. I love my kids more every day.....if that is possible!

2 comments:

Praying For Kayla said...

PLEASE PLEASE pray for Kayla, a beautiful 3 year old little girl who has just been diagnosed with Ewings Sarcoma cancer!

miles3_17 said...

ok, so I started out by laughing out loud with the "fertlizer" comment and then ended with tears b/c you guys are so sweet, and how you write the enjoyments of your kids is priceless. I love those moments just as much and wish they would last forever! Have a great day!