CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 12, 2009

HAPPY EASTER!

Even though I missed my Mom's big birthday party, we did have a good weekend. Saturday we headed out to Bonnie's for Easter with the Keefer's. We had a great time hunting eggs and of course delicious food. We always have a good time and the kids love it. They love playing with their cousins and being picked on by their Uncle Gary!


This morning of course the Easter Bunny had came and so we had a morning of excitement. Every family has a little different traditions but in ours, the Easter Bunny hides filled eggs and gifts around the house. Then in the kitchen on the bar is the gifts that came from Terry and I and my family. I think my family went a little over board this year as the entire counter was filled. The kids woke up bright and early, before 7am, to see what was waiting for them. Both of their looks of surprise were hilarious!


After that fun, we headed to church and had yet another Easter Egg Hunt there. The kids looked adorable and again had a great time!




I have to say though, the most exciting part of the whole weekend was the fact that Cooper is starting to talk......finally! On Thursday morning I was headed over to Lisa's to drop Coop off and Raelynn had given him a book. I am backing out of the driveway and Coop says, "Book". I hit the brakes and turned around to look at him. I said "book" and Coop repeated "book". It was awesome. He had been saying small words like ball and bath but usually just got the first sound out. Then last night we were getting ready to take a bath and he says "bath" just perfectly. Today when the kids were looking at their Easter stuff Coop points at an egg and says "egg". We all praise him and start to laugh. Tonight Terry let Poho in and Coop was standing by me. He pointed to Poho and said, "Po". I tell you were were so excited and Cooper could tell. He kept walking over to Terry and saying it and then walking of to me and saying it. Then Terry gives him his meds and then I take him to give him his goodnight kisses and hugs, our normal bedtime routine. When I hand him back to Terry he turns and waves and says, "Bye". Really, so in one day Coop decides to start talking. It is awesome! I can't wait to see what he says next.

We hope you all had a Happy Easter!!!

0 comments: