CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

WHY DO I WAIT SO LONG BETWEEN POSTS.....

I always have too much to say but life is crazy busy to post every night! I guess the best place to start is with Raelynn stories. Jumping back to last week, as most of you know last Wednesday was Earth Day. Raelynn's preschool obvviously discussed the concerns and reasons for Earth Day because on Friday Raelynn informs me that we need to start recycling plastics and the newspaper. Although Terry may disagree, I really do think it is important for everyone to have a say in how our household is ran. Therefore, I told her that was a wonderful idea and she needed to go talk to Dad about keeping the newspaper. So now we are recycling the newspaper and will work on the plastics next. Then the next morning we were brushing our teeth and Raelynn informed me that we were to shut off the water when we were not using it so that we did not waste water. "There is not so much water on the Earth and we can't waste it!" she informed me and since that day she has reminded me morning and night. She told me she would keep reminding me because that is how we learn. She has also informed me the other day out of the blue that "Clariton causes drowsiness". What?!!! She tells me she saw it on a commercial and she remembered Dr. Kelley saying she could take some if she needed it and she did not want to take it because then she could have drowsiness and that didn't sound good. First I decided the girl really has to stop watching so much TV and second she hears everything!

This weekend was great. My family was here, Mom, Karli, Sherri, Cassy and Chandler and we participated in the March of Dimes March for Babies. It was a great walk this year and just to confirm, my Mom did complete the 3 mile route. There are some great pictures from the walk that can be viewed at www.rjstills.com. After the walk Mom helped me plant tons of flowers. I am not very good at it but Mom is great. I love having planters of flowers to take care of and keep beautiful. Raelynn and Cooper spent the weekend playing with Cassy and Chandler. Raelynn misses them so much. She has said a dozen times since they left that she misses them. It makes me happy that she loves them but sad that they don't get to spend time together like they used too. Sunday morning I had to help with Sunday School so we all went to church and then they all left late Sunday afternoon just in time for me to get things picked up for Terry's family to come over for the evening. I felt like the weekend was non stop running and cooking but it was great all the same.

Coop is doing ok but we received a little discouraging news. Coop had failed his hearing screening again last week so yesterday we visited Dr. Kelley again. Unfortunately Coop has a lot of fluid sitting on his ears. Normally with the amount of ear infections and the fact that they were not clearing up on thier own, we would put tubes in his ears. The surgery itself is no big deal but the fact that they have to put him under to do the procedure is. Due to the amount of times Coop has been put under his risk with anethetics is very high. Therefore, we have decided to give him 4 more weeks to see if the fluid clears. If it does not, we will have to visit CMH yet again this time to get tubes so that he does not have permanant hearing loss. Regardless the surgery, Coop does not need any extras. I hope we are able to avoid this. The poor little guy is just coming alive so much lately it sickens me to think of having set backs. As always, we will wait and see.

Tonight was a wonderful evening. The kids were in wonderful spirits and we ran errands, played and snugglesd. If only the evenings could last forever!

0 comments: