CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

HOW FAST TIME FLIES WHEN YOU'RE HAVING FUN....

I cannot believe how fast the weekend flew by! The weekend was full of fun! On Saturday we ran around like crazy trying to get things ready for the bowl-a-thon and other errands. Cooper wasn't being very "shopper friendly" so it was a little stressful. He is usually pretty good but he had no patience on Saturday. Then we were off to Kansas City to attend our friends, Riley and Gage, birthday party at Monkey Business. I do not know who had more fun, the kids or Terry! It was great. This amazing family had requested that in place of gifts for the boys, donations be made to Cooper's Cause. It was extremely thoughtful and touching. After the party we headed back to Lawrence for dinner with Steph and Cody. They came up for the bowl-a-thon which we really appreciated. The kids love spending time with them and I think Raelynn has a little crush on Cody. When it came time for bed she asked if Cody could put her to bed and read her story. Then she ended her request with, "but I am not going to kiss him because only Mommies and Daddies do that". This is when I knew we had a little crush forming. How cute is that! I decided it was too early to try to explain to her that it is not polite to go after her Aunt's boyfriend! Steph did a good job controlling her jealousy as well, hahaha! Sunday was the Cooper's Cause Bowl-a-thon. Although I had hoped for a few more people, it was a success! We raised a little over $900 and had a great time. We met some amazing people and had one special family attend as well. They have recently lost their 3 year old daughter, Isabelle, while she was awaiting a heart transplant. Their story is truly inspiring and the fact that they are continuing their efforts in bringing awareness to the most common birth defect is extraordinary. I believe we will stay in close contact with this family and hopefully be able to work together to achieve great things. In addition to bowling we also had a 50/50 Jackpot Drawing. This is where people purchase tickets and then we draw for one lucky winner. The winner takes home 1/2 the jackpot and Cooper's Cause Foundation gets the other half. One of the Mom's from Raelynn's preschool had come up and said she was feeling lucky and bought some tickets. The time came and guess who won?....yep it was this Mom. We all got a good laugh. Then her daughter, came walking up to me, I knelt down as she spoke, "I want to give this back to the help the sick kids." Tears came to my eyes. I hugged her and thanked her. What a wonderfully beautiful thing to do. The things we can learn from kids continues to amaze me. So needless to say, had we not raised a dime, I would have still felt the afternoon to be a success. Thank you again to everyone! Last night when Raelynn got home she said she was too tired to eat (this is becoming common). As always I said that was fine but she would not get anything else until morning. As I put her in the bath she said again that she was just soooo tired. I told her that maybe she should start taking naps again so she wasn't so tired. She said, "No Mom, it's just that I have to keep track of Cooper all day at Lisa's and he makes me so tired!" I could not help but laugh. Cooper does wear a person out but hearing it come from Raelynn as if she were the one in charge was way too funny. Then this morning she tells me she wants to put the Cherry Cheesecake Puzzle together. I am at a loss because I do not know what puzzle she is talking about. She goes to Cooper's room and brings out a Strawberry Shortcake Puzzle. I start to laugh and tell her it is Strawberry Shortcake not Cherry Cheesecake. She says to me "Strawberry Shortcake, Cherry Cheesecake, whatever Mom!" There is not a minute that passes in our household that I am not smiling inside! This also makes me smile. Check out how good Raelynn is getting....

Terry went golfing for the first time this season and look who was at home practicing....


So one more fun thing! One of our best friend's became famous today. Kelly Ballard and her son Kaden are shown on the March Madness highlight video. Kelly was watching it with Brett last night after the championship game and had no idea they were on it. As she was about to say "awe what a sweet".......she realized it was she and Kaden. Check this out! Watch for the Mom and her adorable son....
"One Shining Moment"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY7eSsW4D90
What a great keepsake!

2 comments:

miles3_17 said...

Hey thanks for the shout out! To cute of a story about Cherry Cheesecake, I cant stop laughing outloud, and I'm at work!! Love ya!

Moms said...

Oh man that hug and kiss is so sweet:)