CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 8, 2010

FAIR FUN.....................

Friday night was our adventure to the fair, and an adventure it always is. The fair is one of those things I feel like I cannot deprive my kids of but it also can be a little scary allowing your kids on rides you really know little about and there can sometimes be quite the "people watching" scene too. Oh yes and for those who really know me......it is just so dirty out there. Anyway, putting all that aside, the fair is always a good time. This year we met one of Raelynn's friends from preschool. This was a huge treat for Raelynn and we had a great time feeding animals, drinking lemonade and riding ponies.



After that we headed to the rides. Raelynn loves the rides and luckily still stays down on the kiddie side where the rides are not too scary. Raelynn was an awesome big sister and took Coop on many adventures hand in hand. Cooper had a great time too. Some of the rides he was a little scared but he never hesitated to go on the next.

Friday night ended very late and Saturday morning we were up bright and early for swim team practice for Raelynn and then errands and then play date for Raelynn, cleaning house for me and nap for Coop. In the mix of all that Steph and Cody came up to attend a wedding in KC. On there way up I get a call from Steph, "Is it ok if you dog sit while we are at the wedding?" Funny, what if I said no! Anyway, I gladly dog sat for Gus. Gus is a very small black dog. He is still a puppy but is potty trained so he is one up on Coop. Steph and Cody left around 2pm and Raelynn was at her play date and Coop was laying down for a nap so Gus was all mine. I was cleaning house and you would think a little puppy would be no problem and really he wasn't other than I kept losing him. The first time I had put him in our backyard and when I went to check on him 10 minutes later I just caught a glimpse of his little black tail as it exited out backyard through the hole he had dug under out gate. I ran after him and decided the backyard was not going to work. Minutes later I lost him again in the house. I looked everywhere. I called Terry in desperation. I was looking everywhere when Terry suggested I lift up the foot rest of the couch and sure enough there the little stinker was. This is how our entire afternoon went. By the time Raelynn got home I was tired of trying to find him and had just given up. Raelynn ran in the house asking where Gus was. I looked right at her and said, "I have no idea other than in this house. I don't have to know where he is until we go to bed tonight, but if you find him please keep an eye on him." Raelynn laughed and seconds later had Gus in her arms and wouldn't you know it she didn't loose him even once. Steph and Cody got home around 9pm and we stayed up talking which is always nice. Today it was up bright and early again for a run and then to Raelynn and Cooper's horse show. Raelynn placed first again and Cooper second! I will leave out the part that they were the only two today :). Then this evening we had our first "new school" job. Raelynn's new school had a clean up night to clean up the school grounds. Boy was that hot and hard work. It was great though to pitch in and help make the school look ready for the upcoming year. We met a few people and I think it is good for Raelynn to see that we want the best for her in her new school. She and Coop did a good job of helping too.

Besides all of that excitement Coop is making us smile daily. His knew favorite phrases are "I told you so!" "I didn't do it!" "I tell Mommy!" In addition to his new phrases we have also entered a new phase in potty training. It appears that our son is acting much like Poho, our dog. When he has to go to the bathroom he still refuses to tell us but instead will just go and stand by the bathroom door. He doesn't do it all the time but often I find him though, ask if he has to go potty and he always responds, "yes, I go potty" and he does. I think it is pretty funny but at least it is progress. We also got some exciting news, Coop's story has been posted on the CMH Million Reason Mosaic. You can see it by visiting www.millionreasons.org and then search "Cooper's Journey Continues".

Raelynn continues to be her awesome self.....most of the time. She is working hard to get ready quicker in the mornings and on Friday last week she was so efficient she even got her brother ready. At one point, when she was trying to dress him, I hear her say "Get over here Buddy, 1, 2 don't make me say 3!" I thought I was going to loose it. I was laughing so hard! She is also giving me a few challenges. Tonight, I asked her to do something and she actually told me "No!" She looked as surprised as I did and I very calmly explained to her that she was never to tell me "no", I think she got it. :) Then tonight she and Cooper were making "Poopy" jokes at the dinner table. I asked them to stop and they did but seconds later she cracked another joke. I looked at her and said, "Did I not tell you that was enough?" She responds, "You did and I didn't listen. I think I must just be tired. I guess it is straight to bed after dinner." And straight to bed she went. I am not really sure how you discipline when they discipline themselves but she was right, she was tired. I tucked her in, went and brushed my teeth and when I walked by her room, she was already asleep. So I can only hope that she will continue to recognize when she is wrong (yea right) and know when it is time to turn in early.

Another end to another perfectly busy perfectly wonderful weekend and looking forward to what is sure to be another exciting week!

2 comments:

Saney said...

How is it that you grew up on a farm and still have issues with dirt?!

WatchingTwoGrow said...

Ha!!! I truly have no idea!!!