CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 1, 2010

COOPER'S CAUSE 3RD ANNUAL GOLF TOURNAMENT.......

Friday was our annual golf tournament. This is the one event with the foundation that I really have little to do with so it is the one event I really get to enjoy. This year our friends suggested we have a lemonade stand and let the kids run it at the tournament. We loved the idea and our friend, Brianne, took on the entire thing. She got everything ready and ran the stand all day with the help of her son, Cayman, Cooper and Raelynn. It was a long hot afternoon but the kids had a great time and managed to raise $145 for Cooper's Cause. It was great to have them out there!!! The rest of the tournament went great as well and raised over $12K to benefit pediatric heart patients and their families. It is truly amazing to me how far the foundation has come in 3 short years. I remember back to the first night we had the idea of forming a foundation....then I remember our first meeting with an attorney and accountant who explained what exactly we were getting into. I had no idea what all it involved but we had already committed to doing it by the time we met with the attorney and accountant and didn't feel we could back down. Thousands of hours later I could not be prouder of what we are doing or more thankful to all of those who help us. We could never be doing this without all the people that volunteer and participate in our foundation. Thank you, thank you, thank you.


So after a very eventful Friday, Saturday morning we got up and went to Raelynn's swim team practice and then off to our friends pool party. It was a great time! Terry and I don't go out ever so when there is something that we can get adult time and still enjoy time with the kids, we are pretty excited. As I put our exhausted kids to bed last night I told them they could sleep in but I guess they missed that part and 6:30 this morning we were back up and at it! Today we went to church and then it was home for some down time. Unfortunately both kids have runny noses and coughs so we went to bed early tonight and I am hoping morning brings healthy kids. They were both pretty whiny today but understandably. Over the past week we did not have a single night that wasn't booked with things to do or places to be. I am planning for a quieter week this week as Raelynn will be starting back to school the following week. I cannot believe the summer is almost over, I just continue to wish there were more hours in the day, days in the week and weeks in a year. There will never be enough time to enjoy everything I want to enjoy with Coop and Raelynn!

0 comments: