CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 21, 2010

I WANT A PUNCH CARD...............

I have a purse full of punch cards and frequent shopper cards. You know the ones you get from The Buckle or Maurices.....each time you spend $10 they punch the card and after you get all the little $10 punched you get $10 off your next purchase.....or buy so many ice cream cakes and you get a free one......or frequent flyer miles, fly so much and you get a free ticket. The list goes on and on but where I really need a punch card is to our paediatrician's office.....why don't I have one there????!!! 10 Visits and your next one is free! This would be a card worth having! I could have punched one again today.

The kids had their last horse show today. We were just getting ready to get their shirts and helmets on to ride in their class. Cooper was in the horse trailer standing by the door. Apparently he was pressing his head against the screen and the door came open. He did a face plant right out of the trailer into the gravel below. I was right there and grabbed him immediately. As I picked him up his face was covered in blood, enough blood he didn't even open his eyes. We ran to the bathroom and began cleaning him up to see the damage. Because he is still on aspirin it takes the bleeding awhile to stop. About a half our later we had it pretty well cleaned up and he ended up with a pretty good gash on his forehead, a little divet out of the top of his head and a bloody nose filled with rock and gravel and a mouth full of gravel. After discussion with a nurse and EMT we decided to call Dr. Kelley and see if they wanted me to bring him in. We decided I would so off Coop and I went while we left Raelynn to her ride. We got there basically as the doctor's office was closing but as always they were all awesome to us. Dr. Kelley decided to glue the gash on his head and cleaned out his nose. Cooop was fine and he assured me that he had no head trauma which was my only concern. I was not concerned at all about a few stitches or a broken nose.....we are talking about Coop here and that was all minor. I simply can't ever shake the time he had his little seizure like episode or the fact that he did have some damage in the frontal lobe area of the head when on ECMO so anytime he falls or takes a blow to the head, brain damage and head trauma is all I can think about. But he was fine just looked a little beat up. We made it back to the horse show just in time to hear them announce that Raelynn placed 2nd, yeah! Coop was pretty upset when he learned he wouldn't get to ride Charm today but this wonderfully sweet lady who was going to lead Coop offered him a prize even though he did not get to participate and this made it all better!

On Thursday we had visited our Optometrist for both Raelynn and Cooper. She found Cooper's eyes were improving which was very encouraging! We also found out Raelynn was teetering on nearsightedness and would probably join the rest of the family in glasses before too long. I don't know what we could have expected coming from Terry and I. Anyway, after the appointment we had Coop's glasses adjusted and cleaned. Unfortunately after today's spill, we need the adjustment again and new lenses. The gravel did quite a number on his lenses!

Come on Sunday.....let me see what you've got in store for us!

0 comments: