CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 30, 2008

BABY STEPS....

This is the part where I have to be patient, not really one of my strengths :). Cooper is still doing well. Yesterday nothing really happened. They kept him sedated and I really saw no change. Today they have removed the pace maker wires from the heart and have shortened the drainage tubes from his heart. These are steps forward. Dr. Tieves said that we will push Cooper today. They are turning off the nitrate they started yesterday (really didn't do much). They have started backing down the ventilator. They had stopped feeds last night but will resume them again today. They have shut off 2 of his cardiac drips (medications) and are now just waiting to see what Coop does. They said they will push until he pushes back. So I guess now it is all up to Coop. Best case scenario we may be able to get him off the ventilator by late tomorrow. This is just a very slow process.

4 comments:

Taylor said...

I'm still praying for you all!!! I was just looking at the links that you have on Cooper's procedures and it looks as if our Nathan makes it... he will face many of the same things for various reasons. Thank you for sharing your journey as it might be the path the Lord has laid out for us as well. You will help many families with your words.

Anonymous said...

Here are your verses for the day--Psalm 121:1-2 I lift up my eyes to the hills--where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 118:24 This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
BJKern

miles3_17 said...

Glad he's doing better step by step. Keep us posted like normal and big hugs for the weekend, we'll catch up with you after we get back wed.

Anonymous said...

I know waiting is the hardest part, but it all sounds like really good news. Thank you for keeping us updated it's almost like being there with you. I think about about you at different times during the day and wonder how you can handle it all. You are an amazing family. We love you and will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Vicky & John