CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I FORGOT TO MENTION....

I was so excited from being with my daughter and how well Coop is doing I forgot to mention something very important. I received an email today from our friend, Isaac. It really touched my heart. Last night Isaac took time out to give Coop and so many others a fantastic gift. He donated blood. That may sound simple to most but let me just give you an idea of how much blood it has taken to help save my son's life. On 1 day using the ECMO machine Cooper used 6 units of blood. A person usually donates 1 unit of blood when they donate sometimes a little less. Cooper was on ECMO for 6 days. During surgery he is given probably twice that given on an average day on the ECMO. Cooper is still receiving blood daily but it is down to 1 to 2 units. Therefore, in the 8 days that we have been here Cooper has received somewhere around 45 to 50 units of blood. That is approximately 45 to 50 people donating blood!!!! And we are not done yet. As you can see, it is sooooo important. Isaac was also good enough to share the following link you can go to for locations to give blood.

www.savealifenow.org/services/hours-locations.php

Thank you Isaac for being so thoughtful!!! Thanks also to all of you who currently give and have given in the past. We thank you!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristi,
Thanks for the reminder about blood donation. I've gotten so wrapped up in my own little world that I let that slip....I will mention it at our staff meeting this morning and "jack everyone up" here, as well. Sounds like the sun is peeking through those clouds. Continued prayers and hugs from Wisconsin...

Mary Sabo